New Coheed?

What's Hot
PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7281
Return tot eh Amory Wars concept and a return to form...the 2 pre-release tracks sound liek they could be off Good Apollo!

Excellent after a laclustre last album and a double album with a fair bit of filler.
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Return tot eh Amory Wars concept and a return to form...the 2 pre-release tracks sound liek they could be off Good Apollo!

Excellent after a laclustre last album and a double album with a fair bit of filler.
    Exactly this. Afterman albums were OK, but nothing like Good Apollo. 

Really didn't get Year of the Black Rainbow. 

The two tracks from the new album sound fucking quality. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Brilliant and about fucking time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    Brilliant and about fucking time.
    Have a goddamn wis, sir. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Album not out for fucking ages though. 

Twats. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493
    joneve said:
    Exactly this. Afterman albums were OK, but nothing like Good Apollo. 

Really didn't get Year of the Black Rainbow. 

Agree about that.  

The new tracks seem superb and I hope the new album has the same quality. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7281
    My fave is prob silent earth 3 but tyhe production on that album lets it down a lot so I kinda hold up the first good apollo as their gold standard.

Anyway totally agree both the new tracks sound freakin awesome.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    My fave is prob silent earth 3 but tyhe production on that album lets it down a lot so I kinda hold up the first good apollo as their gold standard.

THANK YOU! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Sounds very demo-y the whole way through, which is a shame. If they re-mastered/re-recorded it and produced it in the same vain as Good Apollo it would be epic. 

joneve said:

THANK YOU! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Sounds very demo-y the whole way through, which is a shame. If they re-mastered/re-recorded it and produced it in the same vain as Good Apollo it would be epic. 

Defintely needs retracked. Theres bits where each side of the guitars is playing a very slightly different version of a riff that is clearly supposed to be the same etc.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    edited July 2018
    Forum weirdness- reposted my earlier comment.
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    This is another one of my favourite bands releasing new stuff this year <3

Can’t wait for this one.

Hearing “Welcome Home” on Scuzz (not living in the UK anymore - does it still exist??) because Kerang! Stopped playing anything good lol that’s how I got into Coheed.

I too found the production of Silent Earth... off putting. 

Good Apollo albums were both awesome.

I liked the Afterman double album. ...Black Rainbow was very meh. I feel an obligation to return to it and try it again for some unknown reason. And I don’t really remember the Second Stage Turbine Blade album too well.

Being honest - at the time, I did quite like The Colour Before the Sun. I haven’t listened too much since. But it’s on my to do list when I’ve unpacked everything at my new place to dig out my Coheed collection, complete any gaps and revisit :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 980
    One of those bands that I never really got into.  I saved their ‘A Favor House Atlantic’ track on my Spotify Playlist years ago and loved it to bits, but some of the albums I skimmed through...I never really loved any of their other tracks.

Maybe I should give them another go.
    Unheavenly creatures definitely has a similar vibe to favour house atlantic.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited July 2018
    Unheavenly creatures definitely has a similar vibe to favour house atlantic.
    Thanks, will give it a listen!

Is it for a movie?
    Not sure, the title is a reference to the concept story that most coheeed albums follow where I think some guy in house atlantic shoots someone thats chasing one of the characters as a "favour from house atlantic" or something.

Google amory wars for more info 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Return tot eh Amory Wars concept and a return to form...the 2 pre-release tracks sound liek they could be off Good Apollo!

The new album is out now.  

I've given it a quick listen to but like all of their other albums it probably needs a few listenings to really get into. 
  • Yeah first listen I only lived the singles but some of the others are starting to grow on me. Definitely better than their last effort.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Instant hit with me. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    The new album is out now.  

I've given it a quick listen to but like all of their other albums it probably needs a few listenings to really get into. 
    Cheers!

Wow 15 songs.
    Instant hit with me. 
    basically this. probably took me 2 listens, but back to what they're best at.

Although still doesn't come close to Good Apollo IV or No World for Tomorrow for me; those albums are basically perfect (GAIV especially)
  • IKSSE3 is my favourite song wise.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ