Diago PSU Recall - Micropower 9

mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776

Just received this via email- has anyone else bought one? Seems a longtime issue they will be recalling loads!

—————————————————

I’m sorry to have to contact you out of the blue but we’ve been informed of a possible fault with the Diago MicroPower9 supply; our records indicate that you have bought one of these from us between 1st January 2011 and 31st January 2018.

A message from Diago:

“The product was tested by our vendor on or around the point of its introduction into the market place to ensure CE Compliance and test certificates were issued.  It has come to light that the testing procedure was inadequate and Trading Standards has requested that the product be withdrawn from the market place.”

“Diago has determined that, in rare cases, this defect may pose a risk of fire or electric shock, possibly leading to serious injury.  There are no reports of any incidents, but customer safety is very important to us so we are recalling this product.  The models affected are marked ‘PS10’ on the bottom panel.”

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?

If you do still own one of these units please:

·         stop using it immediately.

·         visit http://www.diago.co.uk/notices to arrange a free of charge replacement.

·         Return the unit to Diago Ltd, 46 Belmont Road, Poole, BH14 0DB

If you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to contact Diago at help@diago.co.uk.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you,

Strings Direct (on behalf of Diago)

Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    There was a thread on this a while ago http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/127420/. I haven't returned mine yet as I was waiting to hear if anyone had been succesful getting a replacement, also there's the issue of return postage costs and who pays them.  @mbe have you received a replacement yet?

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    Octafish said:
    There was a thread on this a while ago http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/127420/. I haven't returned mine yet as I was waiting to hear if anyone had been succesful getting a replacement, also there's the issue of return postage costs and who pays them.  @mbe have you received a replacement yet?

Ah cheers, that was for the power supply 10, this is the 9, so sounds like most of their PSUs aren’t correctly tested. Will dig mine out and send it back- other thread implies this might take some time!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Octafish said:

Ah cheers, that was for the power supply 10, this is the 9, so sounds like most of their PSUs aren’t correctly tested. Will dig mine out and send it back- other thread implies this might take some time!
    I think it's the same one. It's the 'Diago PS10 Micropower 9' to give it it's full title. Yeah, I haven't seen anyone report they've had a replacement yet,
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited July 2018
    I have received from Diago a cheap switch mode wall wart and a separate filter unit labelled PF-1 which I have fitted to my Sprinter ninja board. I also received an 18 volt adaptor, a PP3 adaptor and some straplock things none of which are any use to me.  

I seem to detect voltage leakage at the interconnects until I plug a cable in the output of the last pedal in the chain. Anyway my grab'n'go pedalboard is working again.

My original PS10 cost £25 from Amazon 3 years ago. Strings'n'things have been selling them for £40 recently and Amazon has stock of the latest PS10 for £80.

So to answer the other posters' questions, after waiting 4 months, no I never did get a replacement and that's where the matter ends as far as I'm concerned. Not wasting any further time on Diago.
    Ok that sounds a bit crap. I originally bought the Diago because I didn't want a wall wart. If they are still selling PS10s they must be safe ones, so why are they trying to rip people off with some wall wart crap? Been trying to look into manufacturer obligations r.e product recalls, can't find much info. If you have the time is it possible you could post a pic of what you were sent as a replacement @mbe ? Thanks
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I got one "free" with an Andertons order earlier this year.... they were clearing stock of them (hmmm, I wonder why).

Anyway I sold it on straight away as I didn't need it at all. I've not (yet) had anything from Andertons informing me of the recall, which is surprising as this is a product wide recall and it's there clear as day on my order history.

However I did recently e-mail Diago about my pedal board handles showing signs of cracking and he (James IIRC) posted me replacements FOC. I thought that was pretty good service.
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    That URL, and their entire site, appears to have gone?

My experiences with Diago are - Gigman/Showman boards are fantastic, I have owned three.

Commuter board - piece of shit that cost the same as a Pedaltrain and should have cost half.
    That would be a bit dodgy of Andertons if they knew about the issue, even if they were giving them away free. Yep I'm going to email Diago about the replacement. It's unacceptable if they are now selling CE compliant ones, yet palming off wall wart crap as part of the recall. I bought one 6 years ago (from Strings Direct) and one 4 years ago and they've been fine. I've had no email, but then again I think I ordered them using an old email.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    That URL, and their entire site, appears to have gone?

Works for me ok.

http://www.diago.co.uk/
    http://www.diago.co.uk/notices/micropower9.html
    Diago website doesn't appear to show any power supplies for sale anymore. Wonder if they've discontinued them? Still seems to a number of reputable dealers selling Diago power supplies, surely they're not selling dodgy stock?