Can I use the VoodooLabs Current Doubler Adapter as a splitter?

mistercharliemistercharlie Frets: 333
I have a few current doubler cables left over from before I bought a Strymon Zuma. Can I use one to split a single 9v power supply to power two pedals? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It appears that the answer is yes. Nothing broken so far, although I’ve only dared to test it with low-draw dirt pedals. Nothing digital yet. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    I think that should work, assuming all it's normally doing is running the 2 Zuma outputs in parallel (ie connecting the 2 +ve rails together to a single live and the grounds together to a single ground) then it's effectively a backwards daisychain, which means it will work as a normal daisychain when plugged in the other way around. I think? 

Obviously you'll still only get a total of 500mA from your outlet, so you need to make sure your 2 pedals don't go above that draw in total.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I’m currently (har har) using it to run a Trio+ and a MixingLink off the Trio’s power supply, which gives out over an amp. It appears to be working fine.

These two pedals are on my desk, not on the pedalboard, hence the need for a separate supply.