Is this definitely a 4 pin DIN cable?

What's Hot
I bought some iLoud monitor speakers and they came with a cable to connect the left and right speakers.  It's way too long for me and I want to buy a new one.  I think it's a DIN cable, but not sure.  Can someone confirm or tell me otherwise please?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I'm used to seeing 4 pin din plugs with the pins arranged in an arc that follows the inside rim of the plug's outer case. However a google for "4-pin din plug images" shows that some have a similar square arrangement as in your pic. I do think it is unusual though
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    No, DIN connector pins all follow a circular arc.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I'm used to seeing 4 pin din plugs with the pins arranged in an arc that follows the inside rim of the plug's outer case. However a google for "4-pin din plug images" shows that some have a similar square arrangement as in your pic. I do think it is unusual though
    Thanks.  I was thinking it was some kind of proprietary plug made by IK Multimedia.  I did ask them but no reply yet.  

I will maybe wait for them to get back to me, just to be doubly sure before I order a shorter one.  
    hywelg said:
    No, DIN connector pins all follow a circular arc.
    I see you can get inline DIN connectors...

I'm still not 100% though...

before I order a shorter one.  
    Or, if you can get inside the plug housing, de-solder the wires from the pins, chop a length off and do a re-soldering job. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Or, if you can get inside the plug housing, de-solder the wires from the pins, chop a length off and do a re-soldering job. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
    Yeah I might end up doing that (or trying to), I think it's their own special kind of cable.  

Cheers.
    Yeah it's a custom design, they just confirmed it to me.  Oh well.  
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3098
    edited July 2018
    Yeah I might end up doing that (or trying to), I think it's their own special kind of cable.  

Cheers.
    You’ll struggle with the moulded plugs to get in them, three options, buy a cable tie and just coil it and hide it, buy a pair of 4 pin male female plugs from Neutric (4pin xlr)etc and cut the cable in the middle, or cough up for proprietary shorter cable

Ps quick google look like amphenol connectors https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=4+pin+audio+connector&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgdii=ZONfgBZfwqTumM:&imgrc=JOgu5gst6F_ofM:
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    A sharp scalpel down the join of a bonded or moulded plug might help you get into it. Score it gently several times down its length then peel it apart. Put it back together with superglue
    A sharp scalpel down the join of a bonded or moulded plug might help you get into it. Score it gently several times down its length then peel it apart. Put it back together with superglue

Thanks again, Phil.  I'm off tomorrow for a Bank Holiday so I will have a  look.