Ronaldo sold for £105 million

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo is set to join Juventus, the Spanish club have confirmed.

It is understood a deal worth £105m has been reached between the two clubs that will see the 33-year-old Portuguese end a nine-year stay at the Bernabeu.

He's 33 years old ... what's the logic in paying £105 million? I don't get it.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9686
    They just think their revenue will benefit enough to pay that and his wages I suppose. Plus the Italian league I think is a bit slower so as he gets a bit slower himself he'll still be OK I'm sure. Maybe
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    They just think their revenue will benefit enough to pay that and his wages I suppose. Plus the Italian league I think is a bit slower so as he gets a bit slower himself he'll still be OK I'm sure. Maybe
    That'll be a lot of shirt sales then .... :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    That'll be a lot of shirt sales then .... :-)

From the Last time I saw how much a football shirt cost, it might not need be that many!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    Fretwired said:
    Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo is set to join Juventus, the Spanish club have confirmed.

It is understood a deal worth £105m has been reached between the two clubs that will see the 33-year-old Portuguese end a nine-year stay at the Bernabeu.

https://metro.co.uk/2010/04/15/cristiano-ronaldo-shirt-sales-have-already-paid-off-80m-fee-to-manchester-united-real-madrid-claim-242129/

So some of that £105 million will get paid off through shirt sales. You then have to look at his fitness record: it's pretty remarkable. We aren't talking Andy Carroll here. If he is rested and utilised well, such as not playing in the Coppa Italia, and Juventus focus on the Champions League with him, it's a good buy. Obviously a mental amount of money but just wait to see what else happens this summer with the like of Neymar and Mbappe. 

Yeah be interesting to see where the £105m Real Madrid will get for him will go

Albeit I'm sure they don't get it all in one go, nor when they spend it will it be required in one go
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11286
    It's "the deal" that's worth that much. Within that will be the transfer fee, his salary, various rights deals and a nice big mirror for him in the dressing room.

It's going to be interesting to see who Real will go after to replace him. They must be gutted that they missed out on Wilshere.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • interstellarinterstellar Frets: 486
    he is in great shape so i would expect him to confound the ctritics on that front
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

https://metro.co.uk/2010/04/15/cristiano-ronaldo-shirt-sales-have-already-paid-off-80m-fee-to-manchester-united-real-madrid-claim-242129/

So some of that £105 million will get paid off through shirt sales. You then have to look at his fitness record: it's pretty remarkable. We aren't talking Andy Carroll here. If he is rested and utilised well, such as not playing in the Coppa Italia, and Juventus focus on the Champions League with him, it's a good buy. Obviously a mental amount of money but just wait to see what else happens this summer with the like of Neymar and Mbappe. 

Neymar to Real Madrid is the rumour ... with all that cash I'd say its a done deal.

he is in great shape so i would expect him to confound the ctritics on that front
    I'm sure he will but Real are up with Man Utd -  a massive worldwide fan base to buy merchandise. Juve aren't quite in that league.

I guess they know what they're doing.

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Roger Federer just signed a 10 year clothing deal with Uniqlo (me neither) worth 300 million dollars. 

He's 36 years old. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    Does this mean bale will go too or will he become the main man??
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    That’s a lot of cash for a fast food clown 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited July 2018
    One million Dollars!
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited July 2018
    One billion Dollars!

Must be shirt sales. While he was kept quiet by a Scouse teenager in the Champions League final and his team didn't qualify for the knockout stages of the World Cup, Italy didn't even qualify for Russia.

I was in Italy in the summer after they won the World Cup - all the players were on TV adverts for years after.  Even Michael Schumacher was constantly in adverts, wearing his red Ferrari outfit.  There's good TV advertising money in Italy.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    edited July 2018
    One million Dollars!

"Is that as much as a thousand?"

"Why you dumfy, it's TWICE as much!"

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Yeah be interesting to see where the £105m Real Madrid will get for him will go

Albeit I'm sure they don't get it all in one go, nor when they spend it will it be required in one go
    Real Madrid can buy Mezut Ozil back from Arsenal, and a mojito with the change.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14174
    tFB Trader
    IMO Hazard to R Madrid 
    Does this mean bale will go too or will he become the main man??
    Bale to Spurs in a reverse deal with kane for £100m

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    Fretwired said:
    Neymar to Real Madrid is the rumour ... with all that cash I'd say its a done deal.
    After tonight, they'd be mad to go for Neymar ahead of Mbappe. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    After tonight, they'd be mad to go for Neymar ahead of Mbappe. 
    Why? Do they need someone talented at timewasting then?