Just noticed ...

What's Hot
The area I intend moving to is only of the order of 1 hour away from World Guitars ... ;)
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    House prices are about to drop and crime rate increase in that area then...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    The area I intend moving to is only of the order of 1 hour away from World Guitars ... ;)
    World Guitars in Stonehouse?
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @joneve that's the one :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    I've deliberately stayed away from there, i can afford a shiny custom shop guitar or a divorce, but not both..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    nick79 said:
    I've deliberately stayed away from there, i can afford a shiny custom shop guitar or a divorce, but not both..
    is the latter a necessary consequence of the former?
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5596
    I'm about 45 minutes away from WG, it's an expensive location living in the "World Guitars is just down the road" radius.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited July 2018
    You've made me wonder how long it would there to get there from London.  Turns out it's only about an hour and three quarters on the train.  Not as bad as I thought...
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 252
    nick79 said:
    is the latter a necessary consequence of the former?
    Probably not... but would rather not find out..
    (In all fairness she wouldn't mind, i'm just gassed out for a while now - would rather treat the kids to a holiday)
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Don't go there Phil ...... it was setup by the late Jeff Pumfret who owned Machinehead in Hitchin. Great character .. he always managed to sell me something when I went in there. If I recall it's an old magistrates court. You'll leave poorer than when you went in .... some lovely guitars on the website .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:
    Don't go there Phil ...... it was setup by the late Jeff Pumfret who owned Machinehead in Hitchin. Great character .. he always managed to sell me something when I went in there. If I recall it's an old magistrates court. You'll leave poorer than when you went in .... some lovely guitars on the website .. :-)
    That is usually true of any visit to a Magistrates Court. I've only been once, when I got done for riding a motorbike without a crash helmet in 1978. I lost £4.

I wouldn't visit just for the hell of it - only if they had an ES-175 that I both neeeded and could afford.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31369
    I had no idea it was there, I'll pick you up on the way.
    :) 
    I live 12 miles (ish) from there. Luckily I don’t play as much as used to. Spent a fair bit of money in there over the years. Where are you moving to? 
    Philly_Q said:
    You've made me wonder how long it would there to get there from London.  Turns out it's only about an hour and three quarters on the train.  Not as bad as I thought...
    Direct too, and a 5 min walk from the station. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    joneve said:
    Philly_Q said:
    You've made me wonder how long it would take to get there from London.  Turns out it's only about an hour and three quarters on the train.  Not as bad as I thought...
    Direct too, and a 5 min walk from the station. 
    It's tempting.  They have some amazing stuff, but all in too high a price bracket to just take a punt on.  I'd have to try before buying.
    joneve said:
    I live 12 miles (ish) from there. Luckily I don’t play as much as used to. Spent a fair bit of money in there over the years. Where are you moving to? 
    Not sure exactly yet but it will be for work in Madley, SW of Hereford so it won't be a long way from there