Line 6 Firehawk 1500 frfr amp

thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
edited July 2018 in Amps
As per the title, these seem to cover a lot of ground with the amp alone (stereo, wet dry wet, handles all types of input) and also seems to include pod HD modeling as a bonus/backup.

Has anybody tried one? Any thoughts on them? Better alternatives?

Could I use one as a one man band with electric guitar, voice, keys and backing tracks?

Thanks
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Depends what you are feeding into it. Got a decent modeller or a preamp or some other device that means frfr would be the key draw? I’d go QSC 10.2 - it’s got dsp and other coolness but is more flexible and can cope with all sorts of other inputs. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited July 2018
    From a very quick Google search though isn't that mono so I'd need two of them?

Would be to try to use the following:
    Electric guitar through either my little Supro and DigiTech Gsp1101 or just the DigiTech by itself
    Vocals through TC Voice Live
    Keyboard

Yep - if stereo is important - I’d argue you don’t get good stereo separation from a single box anyway, so it’s a moot point
    Yep - if stereo is important - I’d argue you don’t get good stereo separation from a single box anyway, so it’s a moot point
    True I suppose. It's all a bit moot in fairness given I can't flog my guitar amp and I've not got any gigs planned either!

I suppose I was thinking of it as a monitor for me and some separation would help me hear stuff, then put it also through a proper PA for the front of house. 

Pipe Dream though to be fair, I'll get back in my little box :)
    As a bass player I’ve found frfr to be revolutionary for getting out of the massive cab problem.

The big advantage of decent frfr for me for guitar would be DI rather than having to mic something up live tho?
    Yes exactly that's what I was thinking, have everything going into one big thing.
    Yes exactly that's what I was thinking, have everything going into one big thing.
    Stereo not so important to my bass sound so I’ve been fine with one frfr as a monitor.

I have a Helix and can go stereo from there to FOH and mono to the frfr which has been fine. 

For smaller gigs I use a pedaltrain nano with a preamp DI on it - out to the frfr and then on to the PA. Makes for a really compact “carry with two hands in one trip” rig inc bass, amp and monitor