Speaker choice for Orange OR15

What's Hot
TameroyTameroy Frets: 0
Hello guys, i have the OR15 head and couple of open back combos at home, it's hard where i live to find a good cab , thinking to order a 12" speaker overseas , it could be either : v30 (that matches well but maybe i can get better?) - greenback- heritage- creamback
Any experience or advice ?
My general interest in a sound is like:
 amp matching , fat sound , beefy gain , doesn't flub with my dark les paul yet doesn't lose roundness when aiming for good highs ,doesn't need to be super pushed to show its quality so i can play at home
Thanksss
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    G12H-30.

In my opinion the V30 isn't particularly great with them even though it's the stock speaker in a lot of the cabs - it exaggerates the slightly congested, too-middy tone they can have.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• TameroyTameroy Frets: 0
    ICBM said:
    G12H-30.

In my opinion the V30 isn't particularly great with them even though it's the stock speaker in a lot of the cabs - it exaggerates the slightly congested, too-middy tone they can have.
    I agree with you on the v30 ,, did you try it with the G12H ?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    Tameroy said:

I agree with you on the v30 ,, did you try it with the G12H ? 
    Not the OR15 specifically, but I've tried several of the modern Oranges with combinations of the V30, G12H-30, Greenback, Creamback G12M-65 and G12H-75, and Classic Lead 80.

The best single speaker is the G12H-30 or G12H-75 (depending on the amp power rating) and the best in a 2x12" is either the Greenback/G12H-30 or the pair of the two different Creambacks.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dcgdcg Frets: 228
    Celestion Cream alnico.. best all round speaker from clean to high gain, and a diamond with EL84s....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom