I've actually got Bass gas :/

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
I've been wanting to try a multiscale guitar for some time, then a picture of this bass popped up on facebook, and as i was just having a little browse at the pictures, noticed it was multi scale, so tooka little more notice.. then googling started.. then youtube.. it goes on..  anyway, watched this video. 

At 2:43 he says the words "Panga Panga". I must have watched him say that about 6 or seven times in a row.. it's the true highlight of the video.
i also want the bass now. It's a new 2017/18 model so will be waiting a year or so before doing some hardcore considering.. but.. gas has got me in it's expensive clutches...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    They look pretty cool, hopefully they'll do a 4 string too one day.

I picked up one of the Dingwall Combustions and it's really awesome, even in standard tuning.  So much clarity on the low string.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Cort is already building multi-scale bass guitars for other well-known brands. About time that they put some out in their own right.
    Be seeing you.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Don’t try to stifle it - you might follow through and make a right mess of yourself...
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Don’t try to stifle it - you might follow through and make a right mess of yourself...
    It's the proving period now.. i've seen, i've explored, and now i've got to see if i'm still interested at a later date...

i'm more secretly worried that if i do get it i'll want to play it.. what if i'm secretly a bassist!? I don't know what to tell my wife. How will my family react to this?

LuttiS said:
    It's the proving period now.. i've seen, i've explored, and now i've got to see if i'm still interested at a later date...

i'm more secretly worried that if i do get it i'll want to play it.. what if i'm secretly a bassist!? I don't know what to tell my wife. How will my family react to this?

As a bass player who went through a similar thing, I felt like the woman on the bodyform adverts after I finally admitted the truth and switched.
    LuttiS said:
    what if i'm secretly a bassist!?
    It is possible to play both.

LuttiS said:
    I've seen, i've explored and, now, i've got to see if i'm still interested at a later date.
    This sounds like an excuse. Just buying time to sprout a hipster beard. :)
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Thomann are getting the hang of things: if you type Dingwall into their search function, it shows you all the fanned-fret basses.
    @Funkfingers said:
    It is possible to play both.
    Cunning. Play it both ways!
    @Funkfingers said
    This sounds like an excuse. Just buying time to sprout a hipster beard. 

Haha, that too! But i've noticed on the new model Corts (i got an X-16LTD in 2016) that they tend to get a hefty price reduction within a year. A year after i got the X16 it was close to £200 less than what i got it for. 

I do already have a bass, which i have had over 10yrs and used it quite extensively and up until now i've never felt the want of something new... 

Time to get those bass beard granules sprouting.. are flip flops mandatory or can i wear them on a ad-hoc basis?
    LuttiS said:
    are flip flops mandatory?
    I hope not. The world should be spared from having to see my feets.
    Be seeing you.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    34-35.5" fan from watching the video.  That won't be too difficult to get used to.  Dingwall 5's are 34-37".  The 4 string I have is 34-36.25", it's honestly not that hard to play.
    Gordon Bennett. According to the video demonstration production description, Cort has crammed five strings into a nut width that I consider too tight for four.
    Be seeing you.
    Gordon Bennett. According to the video demonstration production description, Cort has crammed five strings into a nut width that I consider too tight for four.
    What would you consider appropriate? Never touched a 5 string.
    My old Warwick measures 46mm across the nut (1 & 13/16ths" in English). It could do with being broader. Maybe not Fodera Anthony Jackson Presentation broad.
    Be seeing you.
    My old Warwick measures 46mm across the nut (1 & 13/16ths" in English). It could do with being broader. Maybe not Fodera Anthony Jackson Presentation broad.
    Cor. My 64P is 46mm rounded to nearest mm.

Bridgehouse said:
    The neck of my AVRI '63 P is 44mm wide and has the period correct shallow profile.

American session bassist, Anthony Jackson, always commissioned his extended range bass guitars with Fifties Fender P string spacing. 
    Be seeing you.
    Bridgehouse said:
    The neck of my AVRI '63 P is 44mm wide and has the period correct shallow profile.

American session bassist, Anthony Jackson, always commissioned his extended range bass guitars with Fifties Fender P string spacing. 
    I knew mine was a particularly girthy c profile - I know 44.5 tends to be the average. The main thing is the rolled edges make it feel slightly less to be honest.
    Bridgehouse said:
    I knew mine was a particularly girthy c profile. The main thing is the rolled edges make it feel slightly less to be honest.
    Bona. :-p
    Be seeing you.
    Bridgehouse said:
    I knew mine was a particularly girthy c profile. The main thing is the rolled edges make it feel slightly less to be honest.
    Bona. :-p
    Isn’t he bold...!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    I cut my teeth on a Cort A6 and the only negative was that it was really heavy (13lbs), which I thought was normal until I joined Basschat...Even my ESP guitar at the time was 11lbs.
    Isn't the A6 6string bass? Going to be heavy ;) Apart from the weight, how did everything else feel?