Ronaldo sold for £105 million

What's Hot

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Fretwired said:
    Neymar to Real Madrid is the rumour ... with all that cash I'd say its a done deal.
    After tonight, they'd be mad to go for Neymar ahead of Mbappe. 
    Indeed. Neymar has been exposed as a greedy, cheating wanker in every game he's played. That image doesn't sell shirts. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22107
    Fretwired said:
    Neymar to Real Madrid is the rumour ... with all that cash I'd say its a done deal.
    Why? Do they need someone talented at timewasting then?
    A timewaster who gets to a final is better than a diver who doesn't make the 3rd/4th place playoff. 

I also think Mbappe will prove to be the better player of the two. 

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Fretwired said:
    A timewaster who gets to a final is better than a diver who doesn't make the 3rd/4th place playoff. 

I'm sure he will prove to be the better player. Maybe. Tho the French have a habit of imploding and going off the boil. Having said that, I never rated Neymar much. Could be good in periods but always felt like his name was bigger than his talent. 

Plus, he made Tom Daly look shit at his chosen sport..
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31518
    Fretwired said:
    That'll be a lot of shirt sales then .... :-)

Exactly. It doesn't matter where you are in the world, even in remotest Asia or Africa you'll see kids with Ronaldo or Neymar Jr shirts on. 

They're buying the worldwide rights to one of the biggest ever clothing brands and STILL people say "No footballer is worth that much, think of what our nurses do!" 
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Fretwired said:

I agree I always thought Neymar was tremendously overrated. Mbappe is clearly on his way to becoming the next Ronaldo.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1299
    Serie A needs a jolt.  And I suppose this is better than a move to LA Galaxy.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    Does this mean bale will go too or will he become the main man??
    Bale to Spurs in a reverse deal with kane for £100m

Get.lost.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1335
    Fretwired said:
    Indeed. Neymar has been exposed as a greedy, cheating wanker in every game he's played. That image doesn't sell shirts. 
    Apparently the manufacturers of pot noodle were happy to sponsor Neymar. In return he had a hairdo that imitated the effect of having a pot noodle tipped over his head.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Does this mean bale will go too or will he become the main man??
    Bale to Spurs in a reverse deal with kane for £100m

Get.lost.
    Apparently you are spared this now - Kane is back to being “shit in an England shirt” and Spurs are doomed to 4th next season after accidentally signing Sterling
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited July 2018
    https://metro.co.uk/2010/04/15/cristiano-ronaldo-shirt-sales-have-already-paid-off-80m-fee-to-manchester-united-real-madrid-claim-242129/

So some of that £105 million will get paid off through shirt sales. You then have to look at his fitness record: it's pretty remarkable. We aren't talking Andy Carroll here. If he is rested and utilised well, such as not playing in the Coppa Italia, and Juventus focus on the Champions League with him, it's a good buy. Obviously a mental amount of money but just wait to see what else happens this summer with the like of Neymar and Mbappe.
    And now there will be a huge interest in Serie A again, so basically a bit of marketing genius. The sponsors will be queuing up to hand over their cash.

PS well done Ronaldo for having a go in another league, he really does love what he does.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446

I agree I always thought Neymar was tremendously overrated. Mbappe is clearly on his way to becoming the next Ronaldo.
    No-one else can be that smug and annoying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4308
    crunchman said:

Tell Donald Trump that

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Ronaldo will still be playing well into his 40s I reckon. His conditioning is second to none and keeps himself in great shape.

His diving is a definite turn off and of course the usual theatrics which are everywhere these days - but he's definitely the greatest player I've seen in my lifetime.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    A few years at Juventus and then one year in China. I can't see him not tapping into that market. 

I don't think there's any way of separating out Ronaldo and Messi. Ronaldo as more than out and out striker, Messi playing a bit deeper... we're simply fortunate to have two supreme talents playing at the same time. When you look at the all-time stats, it's truly ridiculous. 

http://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

• EdPhelanEdPhelan Frets: 6
    I see that Fiat workers are striking over the Ronaldo signing! - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44807281
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    A few years at Juventus and then one year in China. I can't see him not tapping into that market. 

I don't think there's any way of separating out Ronaldo and Messi. Ronaldo as more than out and out striker, Messi playing a bit deeper... we're simply fortunate to have two supreme talents playing at the same time. When you look at the all-time stats, it's truly ridiculous. 

http://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

Be interesting to see Pele's stats on there.   Better than both from what I can see.

Overall still scored more goals than either of them, although they both have power to add still.

More interesting still is the fact that his goals per match ratio is better than either of them at both club level and international level.

Different eras and all that, but all this talk of Messi being the greatest ever is over the top.  My wife's (much) younger sister is pregnant, and her husband wants to call the baby Messi!  :s

He doesn't seem to think that football existed before 2000 (he's 28 now).  Showed him a Youtube video of Van Basten the other week!

• CHRISB50 said:
    crunchman said:

Tell Donald Trump that
    Donald Trump called.  He said "I'm the least smug and annoying person you know." While pointing with his thumb. :)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    EdPhelan said:
    I see that Fiat workers are striking over the Ronaldo signing! - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44807281
    Yeah just seen that.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    duotone said:
    EdPhelan said:
    Yeah just seen that.
    I used to work for a real estate company owned by the same group, and I'm rather gutted we never thought of Juventus' transfer activity as a outdone excuse to strike. Disappointed in myself
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    EdPhelan said:
    Fiat versus Ronaldo: not a hard competition for which one breaks down more.