Rivolta guitars anyone?

What's Hot
grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
Do any of you have experience of Rivolta guitars, played one? Held one even, maybe even own one?

I pretty much like the look of most models to be fair and in the high compression YouTube videos they all sound cool too, but....... they don’t half look like plastic and it’s a fiat chunk of change to drop on a guitar sight unseen. 

Then I guess there’s the resale......

anyone?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4286
    My mate just bought a Mondata Jr from Coda. 

The sea foam green one with the tort pick guard. 

I cant play it as he’s right handed and I’m left handed. But I’ve had a hold, and a good look over it. 

Its very, very nice. Really well made. No blemishes at all. Very light. Sounds lovely. I was really impressed. 

I kind of know what you mean about the plastic look, but I really liked it in the flesh. Quite a 50s vibe to it. 

I’m quite envious as it was me who put him on to them but I can’t get one. I love the Mondata, but they only make the Combinata left handed. I’m not as keen on that shape though. 

It’s the best 1k guitar I’ve seen. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    Ok cool thanks a lot. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    I had a look at them in coda. In the flesh they look great. 
    Sadly I didn't pick one up as I was way too distracted by another guitar :-D
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9978
    tFB Trader
    Like the body shapes etc ... but is it just me, or does Rivolta sound a bit too much 'revolting'?
    Dodgy name choice :-)

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited July 2018
    name either immediately makes me want to be calling them Revolting or I get John Travolta fixed in my head...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    Thanks guys. Seems the only one I can afford is the only colour I don’t want lol. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Like the body shapes etc ... but is it just me, or does Rivolta sound a bit too much 'revolting'?

Yeah, but since this thread I keep thinking "John Rivolta, star of Grease"
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9978
    tFB Trader

Yeah, but since this thread I keep thinking "John Rivolta, star of Grease"
    How about 'John Revolting, star of Gunge' ... obviously a punk/Grease parody :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    Iso Revolta was a nice car though.  Still not a good name, but then neither is Koch, Fuchs, Friedman Arse etc, and they seem to be doing OK.
    All German names. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    Have a look at these...and the audio is genuine this time!

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4136
    edited July 2020
    Someone on here has got one and loves it... I can't remember who though... #notmuchhelp

EDIT: I've just noticed that this thread is years old, and a quick search of the forum shows that the user with one that I was thinking of... is @grungebob :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebob said:
    Do any of you have experience of Rivolta guitars, played one? Held one even, maybe even own one?

I pretty much like the look of most models to be fair and in the high compression YouTube videos they all sound cool too, but....... they don’t half look like plastic and it’s a fiat chunk of change to drop on a guitar sight unseen. 

Then I guess there’s the resale......

anyone?
    I love them, they have that real quirky vintage charm but with a nice modern feel. My personal favourite is the Mondata Baritone VII, I do have a soft spot for our Peach Exclusive Combinata XVII in Satin Sonic Blue too though! Check out Jack's listing vid here - https://youtu.be/bFSVSckNk6g 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    Have a look at these...and the audio is genuine this time!

I've had an eye on that tres pick up greeny blue one at Peach for a while now, I do think as mentioned earlier though they could be a bit plasticky in the flesh
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 839
    the upcoming Combinata 12 looks Rictastic.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Rhett is using one in his recent video about tunings. Think it’s a Combinata....sounds pretty glorious in Open C!
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    edited July 2020
    These are some of the best 'new' designs I've seen in years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8175
    I had a Mondata in a burst colour with a Duesenberg trem fitted. It was fabulous. Great pick-up selection options.

Only reason I sold it is that I'm a serial buyer and seller.....or tit for short.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 116
    I tried the combinata with the trem. Nice guitar. If they were doing thinlines I’d be all over it.