Confused about Gibson Midtowns

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    edited July 2018
    I had one of these for a while, nice guitar, definately more les paul, than 335 . I got rid of it as it was neck heavy and i couldnt get used to it. If i took my hand off the guitar the neck would slowy go down towards the floor. May have just been mine or that maybe a trait, i wouldnt know as iv only ever played that one. A bigsby on it would help it be more balanced id imagine.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4670
    Was there not a gold top too?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • Duppy03Duppy03 Frets: 104
    stuagu said:
    A bigsby on it would help it be more balanced id imagine.  
    If it doesn't come with a Bigsby already on, it'll be getting one :)

rlw said:
    I haven't come across a Goldtop version... yet. They did a limited release of Pelham Blue ones though
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 470
    I’ve got a 2015 Midtown Standard used for £500 including the case. It’s a nice guitar, not quite a solid and not quite a semi. I took an instant dislike to the robot tuners and replaced them with a set of Grovers. They’re probably the best cheap Gibson around if you shop around, the build quality is excellent as are the pickups.
    edited July 2018
    I’ve got a 2015 Midtown Standard used for £500 including the case. It’s a nice guitar, not quite a solid and not quite a semi. I took an instant dislike to the robot tuners and replaced them with a set of Grovers. They’re probably the best cheap Gibson around if you shop around, the build quality is excellent as are the pickups.
    £500 is a bargain! I'm on the hunt
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4670

Duppy03 said:

rlw said:
    I haven't come across a Goldtop version... yet. They did a limited release of Pelham Blue ones though
    No, you're right - there wasn't one.  Wishful thinking on my part
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1384
    edited July 2018
    I had the black midtown standard, 2015, I think. Solid as f**k. Barely ever had to tune it. I sold it, as I want to get a more regular size 335 with a more "hollow" feel.
    Midtown felt more like a solid body I suppose, and played very well.
    Also played the midtown with the Bigsby and that too was a very solid guitar.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 470
    Duppy03 said:
    £500 is a bargain! I'm on the hunt
    Go for it! I found mine on EBay it was in new condition. I bought the Grovers from Amazon for £35 but they’re no longer available at that price unfortunately 
    I’m looking high and low, a natural finish Custom is definitely floating my boat!
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    edited July 2018