Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The mysterious world of ThorpyFx

What's Hot

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    I’m looking forward to joining this club :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Just bought my first ThorpyFx today, a Gunshot. Absolutely love it, it sounds huge through my Jubilee and even better through the Friedman. 

I’ve wanted one for ages, but never quite got round to it. 
    Spent the last six hours straight playing with it  ;)
    Very happy. 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    andy1839 said:
    Just bought my first ThorpyFx today, a Gunshot. Absolutely love it, it sounds huge through my Jubilee and even better through the Friedman. 

Very happy. 
    Quality pedals mate. I have the Peacekeeper and fallout cloud. Both are incredible through the Lonestar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    lonestar said:
    andy1839 said:

Very happy. 
    Quality pedals mate. I have the Peacekeeper and fallout cloud. Both are incredible through the Lonestar.
    Nice, I love the lonestars such a great amp. are you stacking those two?

I’m thinking I need a compressor next. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Just thought id share this here:

I had an a awesome day recording and chatting to Youtube gentlemen that is Mike Bradley, anyway here is a vid demoing all of my current range plus some chat and laughs in-between.

Enjoy.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Looks like the old TPS shed. Great video
    tFB Trader
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    edited July 2018
    ThorpyFX said:
    Any demos coming up @ThorpyFX ? Were there two footswitches on the mk1?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    see the video with Mike Bradley, it gets demoed at the end.... sonically MKII is the same. The two foot switches is the change I made (basically removing the two small switches), one foot switchable and one as an internal slider. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    Re the team medic, how does the EQ differ from the Peacekeeper? Same centre freqs for the bass/treble or?
    edited July 2018 tFB Trader
    Re the team medic, how does the EQ differ from the Peacekeeper? Same centre freqs for the bass/treble or?
    similar but its done in an entirely different way and the mids is much more powerful and fully active too. It also has more +/- db either side of the eq sweep. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    For the record I have some decent amps, a Helix, an FX8 and I still kepk buying Thorpy pedals. They are sensational.
    edited July 2018
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    see the video with Mike Bradley, it gets demoed at the end.... sonically MKII is the same. The two foot switches is the change I made (basically removing the two small switches), one foot switchable and one as an internal slider. 
    Sorry @ThorpyFX whats the internal slider for/do now? Gonna have to wait for one to come up used as I'm all spent up but I really see a use for this on my rig

Also can you set the amount of boost when using the boost switch?

tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    Sorry @ThorpyFX whats the internal slider for/do now? Gonna have to wait for one to come up used as I'm all spent up but I really see a use for this on my rig

If everyone adopted the same purchasing pattern, I'd never bother to develop or release anything.
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2018
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:

If everyone adopted the same purchasing pattern, I'd never bother to develop or release anything.
    When I'm spent I'm spent. Nothing in the world can help me with that. I'll have to wait until I can buy again new or used Obviously I always try to support smaller companies first and buy new (you know that) though if I can. Always have done.  One son going to uni this year ain't gonna help either

So about my boost question @ThorpyFX .... can it be set or is it a default level etc
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:

When I'm spent I'm spent. Nothing in the world can help me with that. I'll have to wait until I can buy again new or used Obviously I always try to support smaller companies first and buy new (you know that) though if I can. Always have done.  One son going to uni this year ain't gonna help either

So about my boost question @ThorpyFX .... can it be set or is it a default level etc
    Ok, I didn’t criticise you or make the suggestion that you don’t support small companies. It’s just a very odd thing to say on my thread that you like it but will only buy it used. As a small business, it’s not the sort of thing you want to hear when you launch a new product. 

Anyway more importantly. The gain switch adds approx 20db of additional boost this is a fixed increase over and above the setting you choose on the gain and volume knobs. The 8nternal slider adjusts if the pedal has true bypass or buffered bypass. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:

Ok, I didn’t criticise you or make the suggestion that you don’t support small companies. It’s just a very odd thing to say on my thread that you like it but will only buy it used. As a small business, it’s not the sort of thing you want to hear when you launch a new product. 

Anyway more importantly. The gain switch adds approx 20db of additional boost this is a fixed increase over and above the setting you choose on the gain and volume knobs. The 8nternal slider adjusts if the pedal has true bypass or buffered bypass. 
    Sorry Adrian I just didn't realise where I was. I do that sometimes on here :( Having that info it's definitely on my radar now and when I get some spare cash I'll be placing my order. New or used is is sometime off for me though unfortunately:(. I've been very spendy this year so far. Love the colour of the medic too. Probably a girly thing to say about a pedal but it's the way I roll ;)
    tFB Trader
    I did this Time-Lapse video just for fun, its a Veteran in the clip and the riffs are being played through  GUNSHOT into a PEACEKEEPER played through a clean Rift PR18.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Just ordered a Team medic and a morningstar
    get soldering ! ;)
    tFB Trader
    Cabicular said:
    Just ordered a Team medic and a morningstar
    get soldering ! ;)
    Thanks very much! You’ll love them both!