I just played the orange Brent hinds head

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
edited July 2018 in Amps
you guys were right , it’s fantastic !!

Played a Marshall dsl , orange rocker 15 combo, Friedman runt 50 and the Brent Hinds was by far my favourite. 
Plug in , open A chord , kraaang!

i think I want one !

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11497
    tFB Trader
    It's a lot more Marshall JMP sounding than many might expect

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    It's a lot more Marshall JMP sounding than many might expect
    It was !! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I think it's ace 
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    Brent Hinds has used a JMP live forever so i'd be surprised if his sig amp wasn't similar

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    The guitarist in my band has one. It's not bad, but as stock we found it a bit too bright and harsh on the dirty channel - although the clean channel is perfect.

If so, there are two simple mods which will drastically improve it, without having to take the PCB out - which would be a major job and to be avoided if at all possible!

But if you're coming to it from a Marshall it may be perfect - he's coming from an Orange Rocker 30, he just wanted a second amp that was lighter and quieter, and the standard Rocker 15 Terror just didn't sound as good in the video for some reason.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    The guitarist in my band has one. It's not bad, but as stock we found it a bit too bright and harsh on the dirty channel - although the clean channel is perfect.

If so, there are two simple mods which will drastically improve it, without having to take the PCB out - which would be a major job and to be avoided if at all possible!

But if you're coming to it from a Marshall it may be perfect - he's coming from an Orange Rocker 30, he just wanted a second amp that was lighter and quieter, and the standard Rocker 15 Terror just didn't sound as good in the video for some reason.
    Out of interest what did you do?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    ICBM said:

I played the standard rocker 15 and I didn’t think it sounded anywhere near as good as the Brent hinds .