Bass > Helix > powered monitor

horsehorse Frets: 1563
Anybody (@bridgehouse?) tried this at rehearsal volume?

Any tips if so?

In my case it would be a qsc k10

Ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Yes - I’ve used that combination at a few of our rehearsals. Works fine - output needs a bit of a tweak as I presume you would also use DI 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Yes - I’ve used that combination at a few of our rehearsals. Works fine - output needs a bit of a tweak as I presume you would also use DI 
     Any thoughts on amp models Vs the models of pre-amps, or is it just pretty straight forward to get a decent tone whichever way?

I could either di at mic level or go line level - any pros / cons? I only use the Di box for the Nord as the instrument output isnt very hot, so I get more oomph from the qsc by knocking down to mic level and then using the qsc's pre-amp rather than the line input
    horse said:
     Any thoughts on amp models Vs the models of pre-amps, or is it just pretty straight forward to get a decent tone whichever way?

I could either di at mic level or go line level - any pros / cons? I only use the Di box for the Nord as the instrument output isnt very hot, so I get more oomph from the qsc by knocking down to mic level and then using the qsc's pre-amp rather than the line input
    I’ve found it easy no matter what tbh - I just experiment with a range of amp and cab combinations and Di at mic level and flip through the dsp’s to find the best one. 

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    This might help with regards to the models

Kebabkid said:
    This might help with regards to the models

Not a bad video that - I do find real life to be a bit different. I did a set of models with a twin path so I could do one output to FOH/frfr and one to a real amp/cab and I find that super flexible
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Thanks guys - good to hear I shouldn't need to mess about too much when turning up louder
    horse said:
    Thanks guys - good to hear I shouldn't need to mess about too much when turning up louder
    No - not much at all. Helix and the QSC seem to handle each other really well.