Tour De France 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Hattigol said:
    Who's going to win? Or in other words, who has got the best medical team to disguise their drug-taking?
    Yawn...
    You're bored of it? Flick around the other channels, there may be some speed-knitting on or something. Granted, it's just as dull but at least you know the contestants (probably) won't have been snorting Windowlene beforehand...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:
    Who's going to win? Or in other words, who has got the best medical team to disguise their drug-taking?
    Yawn...
    You're bored of it? Flick around the other channels, there may be some speed-knitting on or something. Granted, it's just as dull but at least you know the contestants (probably) won't have been snorting Windowlene beforehand...

I think you'd find that even the speed-knitters dope these days! (clue's in the name)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 980
    Stage 4 Podcast - Skip to 4.15mins for the beginning.

https://youtu.be/P5Me3AkAFvc
  • Brutal first few stages. Froome's stage one off could have ended his life never mind his Tour if he'd hit that bollard the way it looked. And Craddock's crash was very uncomfortable to see after the fact.

But as every one of them will say "That's bike racing..."

Image result for lawson craddock meme

Fractured scapula and still in the race, for now.

And there's been some major crashes in La Giro Rosa this week also, for thems who follow the women's cycling. Still hoping Annemiek (Vleuty) Van Vleuten kills it in the mountains for this year's win.
    edited July 2018
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11445

Is the cat 3 climb at the end today enough to cause any gaps among the GC contenders?

Alternatively, is it steep enough to neutralise the sprinters so the GC contenders could pick up bonus seconds if they go for the stage win?

• Martin (Dan, not Tony) going one better and taking the win on the Wall. G up to 2nd and Dumoulin with an unfortunate puncture at 5k to go. Exciting day's racing.

Nothing to worry the GC guys though (except perhaps TD who lost a good bit of time).

It was always going to be a sprinters first week given the parcours. The real race starts once we get to the mountains.

In other news, a great day for Mitchelton-Scott at the Giro Rosa. Van Vleuten killing the peloton with a scorching pace to leave a bunch of 6. Spratty then took a brilliant fade from Vleuty to jump the bunch and solo to the Maglia Rosa overall ahead of tomorrow's ITT. World champ Annemiek could even take that off her tomorrow. MS on fire in this year's GR.
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    Me and the wife are in Fougères waiting for the riders to do a lap of the town. I read that the riders consume around 6-7000 calories a day, I can see how easy that would be here! Food glorious food 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    1979 said:
    Me and the wife are in Fougères waiting for the riders to do a lap of the town. I read that the riders consume around 6-7000 calories a day, I can see how easy that would be here! Food glorious food 
    Have fun and have a beer for me!

If you get any good photos feel free to add them here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers to you then @duotone ;

https://imgur.com/gallery/wg90aB3

Not the best pics but even on a parade lap they were batting on! 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14174
    tFB Trader
    1979 said:
    drove past Fougeres yesterday on the way back to Caen

Looks like Cav not quite there now - end of an era
    I agree, @guitars4you ;as the guys have said above, if not for those injuries I think he would have the record.
    @1979 ;

Cheers for the photos!  Did you see the Mini Cooper team car come through?
    Aye I did @duotone , were you in it? 
    1979 said:
    Aye I did @duotone , were you in it? 
    No  =)

I just heard on one of those podcasts I keep posting, that Lance Armstrong was really annoyed that one team were using that specific car as a team car.
    I’m glad it pissed him off then 
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    I love the cobbles what a tremendous stage.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14174
    tFB Trader
    I love the cobbles what a tremendous stage.
    totally agree - most exciting day so far, by a distance - looked gruelling