Bizarre Pigeon Experience

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    we should start a magazine - Bizarre Pigeon Experience Monthly as it seems everyone has them!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    one of our cats bought a magpie into the house and it shat all over the sitting room, pretty grim. Wife had to come home from work to let it fly out. One of them also managed to catch a small owl but luckily didn't bring it into the house...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    wow @stonevibe thank you for the trip down memory lane! Watching Pigeon Street feels like a significant part of my childhood but I hadn't seen that intro in decades.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Since surprisingly no-one else has said so yet, Bizarre Pigeon Experience is quite a good band name. I think it would have to be a sort of hipster/alt/folk/indie kind of band, it probably wouldn't work well for other genres...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Some people have too much time on their hands... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    ICBM said:
    Since surprisingly no-one else has said so yet, Bizarre Pigeon Experience is quite a good band name. I think it would have to be a sort of hipster/alt/folk/indie kind of band, it probably wouldn't work well for other genres...
    or even a 1960s hippy psychedelic rock outfit?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    Phil_aka_Pip said:

or even a 1960s hippy psychedelic rock outfit?
    Ah, that reminds me of The Sunshine Company and "I Hate Pigeons".

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81ZWfbd+mEL._SX522_.jpg

I had this album a few years ago. They were a sort of less-good Mamas & Papas... I got bored with them and gave it away.

I now find the damn thing is worth more than £75!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sunshine-Company/dp/B00005REPL

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    The title of the thread sounds like an NME band...
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    The title of the thread sounds like an NME band...
    There's Pigeon Detectives....

....shit band name
    Winny_Pooh said:

....shit band name
    One too many words there.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Not a pigeon and a little unrelated but I recently started an Internship in London and was having a catch up meeting with the Director of my team, it was a very nice day so we decided to go for a walk, a couple of minutes after we started walking a giant seagull was heading straight towards us, I managed to duck just enough so that it's wing just hit the top of my head, but it was a very scary experience. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1297
    ICBM said:
    Winny_Pooh said:

....shit band name
    One too many words there.
    That's the Welsh tribute band?
  • Antisceptic wipes should be enough to clean up pigeon droppings. They are only really a problem if they dry out as the powder is toxic when inhaled. The fumes are unpleasant as well.
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Antisceptic wipes should be enough to clean up pigeon droppings. They are only really a problem if they dry out as the powder is toxic when inhaled. The fumes are unpleasant as well.
    I basically left it to dry and then hoovered it up, hopefully managing not to inhale any, and I'll get some antiseptic wipes for the  iPad when I go to the supermarket. I managed to dis-assemble my mic and shock mount and washed the outside bits with anti bacterial cleaner and water; I've had that mic for about twenty years, so it probably needed a good clean. Seems to be working ok after a quick test. 

So now my bedroom looks cleaner and tidier than it has in years, so, as they say around these parts, "it's an ill wind that blaws nae bugger good."