Oil City: the 'Big Block' range.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10360
    tFB Trader

The Oil City Masterwound 'Gain Plus' single coil (also available in a nickel pickup ring for a more traditional look. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    @TheGuitarWeasel ; Can the pickup pictured in the OP be made with a reversed slant? The theory being that lower strings are twangier and higher strings slightly warmer than a traditional tele pickup? 
    tFB Trader
    damm73 said:
    @TheGuitarWeasel ; Can the pickup pictured in the OP be made with a reversed slant? The theory being that lower strings are twangier and higher strings slightly warmer than a traditional tele pickup? 
    No reason why not.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423

The Oil City Masterwound 'Gain Plus' single coil (also available in a nickel pickup ring for a more traditional look. 
    [In cod German accent.] Very interesting ... 

What is the E-to-E polepiece spread, please? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    tFB Trader

[In cod German accent.] Very interesting ... 

What is the E-to-E polepiece spread, please? 
    50mm on this one ... 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    50mm on this one ... 
    That stands to reason but renders the Gain-Plus unsuitable for my Hamer XT Echotone project.  :'(
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    50mm on this one ... 
    That stands to reason but renders the Gain-Plus unsuitable for my Hamer XT Echotone project.  :'(
    No reason that couldn't be done at 52mm

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom