5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    mrkb said:
    I've got to say, @mrkb is going to be working very hard on Come Together!
    Hmm, I was hoping there would be enough for two runs through- one where I sing and one where I play. Might need to call on my mate @darthed1981 to help out on vocals if no-one else signs up ;-)
    Always happy to help!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  I'm happy to play on Come Together, but can't sing I'm afraid! Let me know if needed.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    @Bridgehouse - bearing in mind I’m only going to be there on the Sunday, happy to fill in rhythm - or indeed (badly) any bass slots that need covering. Let me know if I can help.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
     I'm happy to play on Come Together, but can't sing I'm afraid! Let me know if needed.

Please put your name down- it needs two guitars for the solos to work . Do you want to take a solo? I did both solos at Woking so happy to let you have which ever one you want.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I don't really know the song at the minute to be honest, but happy just to wing it. That's my standard MO for most things in life anyway!  =)
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    mrkb said:
     I'm happy to play on Come Together, but can't sing I'm afraid! Let me know if needed.

Please put your name down- it needs two guitars for the solos to work . Do you want to take a solo? I did both solos at Woking so happy to let you have which ever one you want.

I'm happy to play rhythm guitar and sing it if you want to take the solos ?

• sticker said:
    mrkb said:

OK, bit of a threesome then on Come Together then? I'm up for that. (oo-er!)

I can do bass on Beat It again like last time. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    sticker said:
    mrkb said:

OK, bit of a threesome then on Come Together then? I'm up for that. (oo-er!)

I can do bass on Beat It again like last time. 
    Sounds good to me. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    I'm happy to mop up some vocal duties.  Put me down for Mama Don't, Holy Mountain, and Comfortably Numb.  

I could take 2nd guitar on Holy Mountain while I'm at it.  And rhythm/acoustic on Champagne Supernova.
    Oops, didn't realise @darthed1981 was already down for Holy Mountain vocals.

It's a good song, but a very odd arrangement, what with it being played largely by a marching band on the record.

Were you intending on stripping it down to a more punky guitar-oriented version or is the idea to try and replicate the sound of a brass band, maybe with a massive fuzz pedal (and some imagination :) )
    I'm happy to mop up some vocal duties.  Put me down for Mama Don't, Holy Mountain, and Comfortably Numb.  

I could take 2nd guitar on Holy Mountain while I'm at it.  And rhythm/acoustic on Champagne Supernova.
    Oops, didn't realise @darthed1981 was already down for Holy Mountain vocals.

It's a good song, but a very odd arrangement, what with it being played largely by a marching band on the record.

Were you intending on stripping it down to a more punky guitar-oriented version or is the idea to try and replicate the sound of a brass band, maybe with a massive fuzz pedal (and some imagination :) )
    The second one was pretty much exactly what I was thinking, one guitar can just do the light rhythm chords, like Noel plays when on record/live, and do some big chords on a fuzz pedal one per bar ish to get the horn "groove".

I don;t really mind doing vocals and playing a G for most of the song, or trying to do fuzzy guitar chords, probably difficult to do both "well"... We could also try and do it twice and swap, will be fun either way!

We need to get a bassist to sign up as well, though usually somebody chips in on the day.
    Cool, I quite fancy having a go at the fuzz groove so I'll work that out in the first instance.

Also - Champagne Supernova.  I can't be bothered to bring an acoustic, and there are really two electric parts on there as well.  So we could do with another acoustic player and dish out the electric parts.  I'm quite happy to play electric rhythm, the vibrato part in the verses and some heavy chords in the chorus.  The lead guitar pretty much plays lead all the way through, so there's plenty of space for both electric parts.  Hope this makes sense?

So, anyone fancy sticking their hand up for acoustic on Champagne Supernova?
    Could @McToot sing and strum an acoustic at the same time?
    Cool, I quite fancy having a go at the fuzz groove so I'll work that out in the first instance.

Also - Champagne Supernova.  I can't be bothered to bring an acoustic, and there are really two electric parts on there as well.  So we could do with another acoustic player and dish out the electric parts.  I'm quite happy to play electric rhythm, the vibrato part in the verses and some heavy chords in the chorus.  The lead guitar pretty much plays lead all the way through, so there's plenty of space for both electric parts.  Hope this makes sense?

I'll have an acoustic with me for the evening so someone is welcome to borrow it.

Which vibrato bit in the verses do you want to do? The "de do dee doo" one?
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    I'll also have an acoustic available for lendage. In principle I have no problem with singing and playing at the same time (song dependent) but I was going to sit out of the Oasis stuff.

I'll have an acoustic with me for the evening so someone is welcome to borrow it.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by that :)  There's a lead guitar noodling all the way through, and it changes to the big solo at around 3:05, so that's the lead part.  There is a more background electric rhythm part that seems to have some vibrato on it in the verses, that's more for texture.  The way it's arranged so far is you're the former and I'm the latter and we need another mug volunteer on the acoustic.  Alternatively we can do it with one electric and one acoustic like the previous jam, although it would be nice to get properly massive at the end which can only be done with two electrics.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by that :)  There's a lead guitar noodling all the way through, and it changes to the big solo at around 3:05, so that's the lead part.  There is a more background electric rhythm part that seems to have some vibrato on it in the verses, that's more for texture.  The way it's arranged so far is you're the former and I'm the latter and we need another mug volunteer on the acoustic.  Alternatively we can do it with one electric and one acoustic like the previous jam, although it would be nice to get properly massive at the end which can only be done with two electrics.
    Haha - yeah we are on the same page.  I'm sure we can get a third guitarist lined up, or @mctoot can do vocals and a guitar three if he fancies it?
    I'll do the acoustic bit if no-one else will, but will step aside *instantly* for anyone who wants a crack at it. Consider me a fall back cover.
  • I'll take a run at the acoustic bit on Champagne Supernova if @Snags isn't too keen on it. Will need to borrow an acoustic though.
    Not so much I'm not keen, more that I'm conscious I'm already doing a bunch of stuff and don't want to get in the way of others. You'll be welcome to borrow my acoustic if you want to have a stab (at the song, not the guitar, preferably).
    Snags said:
    Not so much I'm not keen, more that I'm conscious I'm already doing a bunch of stuff and don't want to get in the way of others. You'll be welcome to borrow my acoustic if you want to have a stab (at the song, not the guitar, preferably).
    This is coming together nicely, will get practising my noodling :)