Crox guitars - anyone dealt with them?

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
as the title says, ordered a neck plate from them, turns out they are a reseller for crazy parts. Neck plate is not good and now I’m expected to post it back to Germany to crazy parts??????!!!! 

Doesnt seem quite right tbh!.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Err yeah, surely that's their issue to deal with ?
  • lewismlewism Frets: 250
    As above, you bought it from Crox guitars so surely your contract is with them, and theirs is with Crazy Parts? Sounds as if they’re trying to pass their responsibilities onto you by getting you to deal with their supplier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16543
    What’s wrong with the neck plate?

you seem to have a few issues with Fender parts... I think all the suppliers must have a conspiracy against you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    WezV said:
    What’s wrong with the neck plate?

you seem to have a few issues with Fender parts... I think all the suppliers must have a conspiracy against you
    Ha, no, it’s wrong, even crox said so. Just don’t see why I should send it back to a third party I didn’t know about or deal with!...
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    Snippet from Crox T&C:

Returns:

You may return items within 14 days of receipt. PLEASE EMAIL FIRST, as soon as you receive the order for return instructions. ONLY RETURN ITEMS TO CROXGUITARS UK!

The cost of return shipping must be the responsibility of the sender, we will not charge to ship a replacement item

• Where are Crox based?  The contact us page on their website doesn't give an address or a tel. no.
    If they're UK based, UK consumer law will apply.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9983
    tFB Trader
    Crazyparts do some great stuff, but I've found them a total pain to deal with: slow delivery and poor communication (and their website is truly awful). Perhaps Crox are trying to step around that by putting the ball in your court, which is naughty!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

Totally bypassed crox and emailed crazyparts... 

new part on its way!!!!
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Very odd practice, but then again they seem to go to great lengths to divulge any contact details. I would guess due to the various trademark laws that they must surely abuse. I may be wrong but I would suspect that they may well be breaking trading laws by their concealment too. 
    The stupid thing is I chose crox over crazy parts as they are U.K. based... wanted to avoid any issues like this!...

I realise it’s just a small part for a resto but can you picture buying a les Paul from a shop in the U.K. which has issues then being told “you have to return it to Gibson in the states”... wouldn’t happen!!!
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    Strat54 said:
    Very odd practice, but then again they seem to go to great lengths to divulge any contact details. I would guess due to the various trademark laws that they must surely abuse. I may be wrong but I would suspect that they may well be breaking trading laws by their concealment too. 
    I think part of the ecommerce directive states there has to be a physical address listed. 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Yes, I though that too. Fishy business, which is a shame because they have some good stuff on there.