TFB's most popular music streaming service? Any advice?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• iain.reverbiain.reverb Frets: 246
    I'm tired of the admin of running my own music server/collection, life's too short! I want it easy by using a good streaming service, but my obscure tastes mean that a few of my favourites aren't on the mainstream services.

What are you guys using? Any good recommendations?
    I'm the archetype of tight scotsman, so its got to be youtube for me
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

Remember to check out our Bank Holiday Sale 15% off New, Used and Vintage
    https://reverb.com/uk/sales/bank-holiday-sale

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I like Spotify, I get it cheap because I'm a Student and it has almost all of the songs I listen to. I would prefer to use Google Play Music because it can store things that are missing in the cloud, but the selection of songs on the service is lacking. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richcolrichcol Frets: 12
    Have paid for Spotify and love it. They provide tailored playlists each week.. and with the "fans also like" option and the app playing similar tracks once an album ends you end up finding so much new music.
    Plus for any parties etc you have acess to endless playlists.
    The 10000 limit for songs in your library could become a problem though and isn't great for £10/month.

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I have Spotify family at £15 a month, so my daughter's crap doesn't pollute my playlists 

It's ace! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I am using Deezer at the moment, because I got a year free with my car. It works well and they have a lot of stuff, I listen to some obscure music and I haven't had too much trouble. I haven't used any other music streaming services so I may try another when the subscription ends.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11746
    I have Spotify family at £15 a month, so my daughter's crap doesn't pollute my playlists 

It's ace! 
    Ditto and for exact same reason.  The recommendations, daily mixes etc. are a very important part of how it works and they won't work if multiple tastes are overlaid.

The daily mixes are themed, so you get different ones for all the genres you listen to, its quite an education about your own tastes, especially when freed from music you buy as opposed to just listen to, different experience.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I use free Spotify. Sometimes I'm bugged by the ads, sometimes not.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    I have Spotify, Apple Music and Tidal.

Spotify has the best interface.
    Spotify also has the best selection.
    Tidal sounds best but costs the most.

If you went to university and still have access to your uni email address then you can get Spotify and Apple Music for £5 a month each,.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7764
    @vale @JAYJO you can also use Spotify on a web browser and save offline music if using the phone app. 

I have a phone with a 16gb card full of music on which now seems a hassle to update by comparison.

The sheer volume of music on Spotify won me over. Plus you can play a "station" related to music you like and find great music you'd never have previously.

Besides, "fancy phones"? Smartphones that can run the app (and take a mini sd card if you want to store offline music) are no novelty anymore, 13 yr olds at your local chippy and my gran have one. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Radio 2 ??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>