What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    If I had even the slightest bit of talent I'd go fretless.. sadly, I don't
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    This guy is a bit of an opportunist tho. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180402907645 :)
    Haha! I used to live near that shop and have bought the Rustins stuff from them on eBay before. Guess he's exploiting the principle of resource scarcity!
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    Anyone want a half empty tub?  I can let it go for £250 ;)
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    The ebay seller is probably just holding his listing with that price. it used to be a very common thing for sellers to massively increase the price of an item when it was out of stock so they didn't have to end a listing that had good sales history (important for placement in search results).
    Note he hasn't sold any since May, which I suppose is when he ran out of stock.
    It's not actually necessary to do this these days - ebay now allow you to keep an out of stock listing live for 90 days to maintain your sales history. Downside is you will lose some exposure when you restock as you will have had no conversions from "impressions". This guy will be dropping down the search results for the same reason - plenty of people looking at his listing but none buying due to the price.

/ebay marketing lesson.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom