What's Hot

Comments

• bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 880
    Anyone tried a Novo
    Love the look of this but would necessitate a road trip to try one

https://www.coda-music.com/novo-serus-t-sonic-blue-flame-maple-neck.html

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 845
    Suhr Alt T Pro, one of the most versatile instruments going.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • rossirossi Frets: 1698
    Gibson Midtown probably fits the bill .Cross twixt thinline and 335.I certainly get most tones I need out of mine .I also get most tones I need out of my Tele with Van Zant pickups
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Jack_ said:
    This has given me the idea for a 335 body, butterscotch blonde, black scratchplate, maple neck, with a telecaster bridge.

I don't think I've seen it done yet? Has anyone put a Tele bridge on a proper hollowbody?
    I'd have thought the main problem would be a Tele bridge on an arch top. A centre block would be needed as well of course. So maybe a flat top hollow with a block for bridge and pickup rout (and string ferrules etc) 

You could do it as a 335 style body, set neck, scale length etc etc. but not the laminated arch top tho. 
    koss59 said:
    Suhr Alt T Pro, one of the most versatile instruments going.
    Thanks to all.
    I am going to check out the Suhr although there does not seem to be that many about.
  • According to Gray's own website, this was designed to be the best of both worlds between a Tele and 335. Chambered tele-shaped body with P90s.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/gray-guitars/gray-guitars-grayling-in-see-through-blonde-inc-case

Not exactly cheap though! 
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1054
    According to Gray's own website, this was designed to be the best of both worlds between a Tele and 335. Chambered tele-shaped body with P90s.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/gray-guitars/gray-guitars-grayling-in-see-through-blonde-inc-case

Not exactly cheap though! 
    I tried a Gray s-type the the day and it was exceptional.  Would love to try one of these too.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    edited July 2018
    Suhr Alt T Pro may be a good option. I have one as my all round humbucker guitar as I just don’t get on with Gibson’s - the build is def Fender but the low wind Thornbuckers sound wonderful with the chambered body. Does Tele spank too, just ride that tone control.
    Here’s a better man than me putting it through its paces in a context that could well be a 335.

https://youtu.be/dlsxKeCfinQ

edited July 2018
    Thanks definitely going to check into an Alt T Pro. Peach have none in stock at the moment and it will be four to six months before another delivery. I have a couple more guitars to sell so that might suit well or will keep an eye out for used. 
    There is a black one on eBay at the moment but the seller only ships to the mainland UK.

Edit: It was Peach rather than Coda.
    Thanks definitely going to check into an Alt T Pro. Coda have none in stock at the moment and it will be four to six months before another delivery. I have a couple more guitars to sell so that might suit well or will keep an eye out for used. 
    There is a black one on eBay at the moment but the seller only ships to the mainland UK.
    Guitar guitar have a couple of black ones and a red one in stock
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    What is this perversion ? The answer is clear - get another guitar, not cut back !!!!!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    dindude said:
    Thanks definitely going to check into an Alt T Pro. Coda have none in stock at the moment and it will be four to six months before another delivery. I have a couple more guitars to sell so that might suit well or will keep an eye out for used. 
    Guitar guitar have a couple of black ones and a red one in stock
    Aye, If I was going new I would prefer Sonic Blue or Seafoam Green. Life would be simpler if I could sell a couple of things so no hurry (unless a good used one appears)
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    Thanks definitely going to check into an Alt T Pro. Peach have none in stock at the moment and it will be four to six months before another delivery. I have a couple more guitars to sell so that might suit well or will keep an eye out for used. 

Edit: It was Peach rather than Coda.
    @bacchanalian ;
    I spoke with him and he would ship to NI .. have been tempted by it myself but the headstock "ding" is putting me off 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    edited July 2018
    @Anchorboy ;;
    I think you are right, 
    I have since found a couple of others without dings. There is a sunburst in Belgium and has confirmed shipping to NI.
    I do fancy Sonic Blue or Seafoam Green but none in stock in the UK.

Here is the one in Belgium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUHR-ALT-T-PRO-TELECASTER-3-colour-sunburst/253749601745

Let me know if you are bidding so we don't end up bidding against each other.

• WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    @bacchanalian ... i’m In need of selling some of mine right now ... good luck with the hunt! 
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    edited July 2018
    I have an Alt T Pro on order. I should be able to let you know, in a few days, when you can expect to see it in the classifieds. 

Thanks to @koss59 ; for the suggestion.

• koss59koss59 Frets: 845
    I’m sure you’ll love it. You’ll be shocked how close the single coil sounds are to a Strat too.
    It’s a seriously versatile instrument, plays perfectly and holds it’s tune.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    I have an Alt T Pro on order. I should be able to let you know, in a few days, when you can expect to see it in the classifieds. 

Thanks to @koss59 ; for the suggestion.

I think you’ll be ok - a couple of guitar playing mates tried mine recently, one a 339 player and one a Strat player and I had to prize it out of both their hands and keep a keen eye on the exit in the meantime.
    edited July 2018
    I was joking about the classifieds. I have a good feeling about the Suhr. 
    I really want off the gear merry-go-round.
    Is there anyway to limit the categories of threads you can see so I can bar myself from the classifieds?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    The Alt T Pro is a good choice and I've just nabbed a Swamp Ash one with a maple fretboard. What did you go for? Alder or Swamp Ash body?

When trying it in the shop, and I was also one of the people that spent time with dindude's one (I was the Strat player), I found all the pickup positions really useable and to be one of the best selections of tones from a 5 way to be found under one hood:-

1) Bridge Humbucker
    2) Bridge Split and Neck Split Combined (more useful than bridge split!)
    3) Bridge Humbucker and Neck Humbucker Combined
    4) Neck Split
    5) Neck Humbucker

I can't wait to bed with mine but it felt good from the off.

Enjoy yours when you get it :)