Good cheap reverb

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    Hick81 said:
    Romany 
    Given the Romany's Fender tweed inspiration and lack of a send/return loop, the obvious candidate is the BOSS FRV-1 pedal. 

You will be lucky to find one for fifty quid. In my opinion, it would be worth waiting until your budget stretches that bit further.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
    I’m going to do some YouTube watching tonight on some of these suggestions. I suppose a decent Spring verb is all I’m requiring. 

Regarding the budget. I’m building my pedal board up from scratch (having sold everything a few years back) for the covers band I’ve joined. I’m going to keep things simple - OD, delay, chorus/mod,  fuzz. So the reverbs budget is low because I’ve got the other stuff to buy. 
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    edited July 2018
    Hick81 said:
    I’m going to do some YouTube watching tonight on some of these suggestions. I suppose a decent Spring verb is all I’m requiring. 

Regarding the budget. I’m building my pedal board up from scratch (having sold everything a few years back) for the covers band I’ve joined. I’m going to keep things simple - OD, delay, chorus/mod,  fuzz. So the reverbs budget is low because I’ve got the other stuff to buy. 
    If you're after spring on a budget, there's the new TC Drip reverb, which looks like it's going for about £50 new.  The couple of demo vids I've watched sound pretty good, but looks like there might be a bit of volume drop when it's engaged.

New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited July 2018
    I will sell you a Zoom MS 100BT for a mere £75 to include postage from Northern Ireland.  It has lots of reverbs and you also get delays, chorus, amp models, overdrives etc.

I know it's a bit above your budget but, if you can stretch to it....
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    I have two Marshall reflectors :)
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    Hick81 said:

Malekko Spring Chicken Reverb Guitar Effect Pedal.

there are clones all over ebay & amazon (usual names : donner, mosky, amoon).
    if you can't find an original malekko just check out youtube demos of those clone name lookalikes with an identical feature set until you find one that sounds right.

this looks pretty much like it.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mosky-Mini-Spring-Reverb-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-True-bypass-Similar-to-Malekko/222680005200

another option is the behringer rv600 reverb machine, which is a clone of the line 6 verbzilla. that has a lovely plate & other vintage tone verbs, but plastic case & switch behringer may not be to your taste. malekko is a metal mini enclosure with a proper 3pdt metal switch. enjoy.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5128
    vale said:

another option is the behringer rv600 reverb machine, which is a clone of the line 6 verbzilla. that has a lovely plate & other vintage tone verbs, but plastic case & switch behringer may not be to your taste. 
    I never particularly worried about the case of mine (just don't stand on it, surely?), but I didn't like that the mix knob was always active, even with the pedal in bypass. So if you set it above noon (more effect than dry signal) you'd get a reduced volume level when you turned the pedal off.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I have two Marshall reflectors :)
    Marshall Infinity Mirror
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I use Danelectro FAB Echo. I got mine for £16 including delivery from America when the exchange rate was great years ago.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9498
    I bought one of those from Maplins for £8 a few years ago! It’s a slapback delay with a fixed delay time but will do a (very) poor man’s reverb. Bit pointless when you can get a half-decent reverb pedal for the price of a takeaway meal for two.

It’s the same circuit as the Fab Delay but with a fixed resistor in place of the delay time pot. The mod is obvious but fiddly.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9444
    I personally think that the hardest thing for a digital reverb to achieve is that warmth that comes with natural reverb.

To that end, the cheaper models that do come close are 

i.) the HOF

ii.) Digitech Polara - this would be my personal recommendation, as it covers so many sounds
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3129
    57Deluxe said:
    +1 for the Mosky reverb. It’s not the best spring reverb but it’s a damn nice reverb -I now flit between this and my frv1 dependent on the song.