What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8175
    edited July 2018
    dindude said:
    Octafish said:
    dindude said:
    I tried a few NOS CS Strats in the Camden store last weekend that I was rather taken with. Hhhmmm, I wonder if these are a contender at £1k less, didn’t even think to try. There are reports of them (American Original) being rather weighty, so would need to be selective.
    What's it with Fenders and weight recently? I tried an American Pro earlier in the year that weighed a ton and I've heard others have the same experience. The guitar itself was pretty uninspiring, but even without that it's weight (late 70's Fender territory) was enough to instantly put me off.
    I agree, it’s getting harder to find even a Custom Shop under 8lbs these days, anything below 7.5lbs is reserved for a Master Built it seems.
    Mine's just under 8lb - and it's for sale.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/135811/fs-fender-custom-shop-strat-price-drop-to-1-700#latest
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Hattigol said:
    dindude said:
    Octafish said:
    dindude said:
    I tried a few NOS CS Strats in the Camden store last weekend that I was rather taken with. Hhhmmm, I wonder if these are a contender at £1k less, didn’t even think to try. There are reports of them (American Original) being rather weighty, so would need to be selective.
    What's it with Fenders and weight recently? I tried an American Pro earlier in the year that weighed a ton and I've heard others have the same experience. The guitar itself was pretty uninspiring, but even without that it's weight (late 70's Fender territory) was enough to instantly put me off.
    I agree, it’s getting harder to find even a Custom Shop under 8lbs these days, anything below 7.5lbs is reserved for a Master Built it seems.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/135811/fsProbaby -fender-custom-shop-strat-price-drop-to-1-700#latest
    Probably time to stop bombing this thread with your for sale pitch...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2018
    dindude said:8
    Hattigol said:
    dindude said:
    Octafish said:
    dindude said:

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/135811/fsProbaby -fender-custom-shop-strat-price-drop-to-1-700#latest
    Bombing? With one reference to it?
    Wouldn't like to be your cat on a Monday morning...
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Hattigol said:
    dindude said:8
    Hattigol said:
    dindude said:
    Octafish said:
    dindude said:

Bombing? With one reference to it?
    Wouldn't like to be your cat on a Monday morning...

I spot three references, wouldn't like to be your accountant....
    Hope you find something else to occupy your time soon, buddy. 
    Have a good day :-)
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    dindude said:
    chris78 said:
    I wonder if Fender have just tipped from an absolute golden era to a quality that’s stepped down a bit. I’m talking late 60s vs early 60s as a comparison. In my view, the custom shop are outstanding and I can’t remember the last time I played a lousy cs guitar (not the case 10 years ago). For regular production though, the American vintage from 2012 was Fender at its absolute best. Lightweight, brilliantly built, tonnes of r&d etc. Pick up a 64 tele or a 65 strat and they are easily amongst the best guitars Fender have ever made.
    Likewise in Mexico, consistent, high quality. I’m now seeing reports of poorly dressed frets, sharp edges and weights going off the scale. 

Might be rubbish, but I’ve got a feeling that they’re not quite what they were a couple of years back.
    Could be. It’s also all a bit dull. The Custom Shop still put out some good stuff but it’s a lot more faceless than when Mike Eldridge was at the helm, the La Cab for sale elsewhere has me thinking they should be doing something a bit fresher rather than the comfort zone they are currently in. 
    I see ex Masterbuilder Chris Fleming is the new guy in charge of the Custom Shop. 
  • AnderzAnderz Frets: 30
    The lust for a CS? 

I don't know either. Stil if it feels right the price is irrelevantt to me
    Computer Shop UK Your PC Needs In One Place: https://computershopuk.com/
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Strat54 said:
    dindude said:
    chris78 said:
    I wonder if Fender have just tipped from an absolute golden era to a quality that’s stepped down a bit. I’m talking late 60s vs early 60s as a comparison. In my view, the custom shop are outstanding and I can’t remember the last time I played a lousy cs guitar (not the case 10 years ago). For regular production though, the American vintage from 2012 was Fender at its absolute best. Lightweight, brilliantly built, tonnes of r&d etc. Pick up a 64 tele or a 65 strat and they are easily amongst the best guitars Fender have ever made.
    Likewise in Mexico, consistent, high quality. I’m now seeing reports of poorly dressed frets, sharp edges and weights going off the scale. 

Might be rubbish, but I’ve got a feeling that they’re not quite what they were a couple of years back.
    Could be. It’s also all a bit dull. The Custom Shop still put out some good stuff but it’s a lot more faceless than when Mike Eldridge was at the helm, the La Cab for sale elsewhere has me thinking they should be doing something a bit fresher rather than the comfort zone they are currently in. 
    I see ex Masterbuilder Chris Fleming is the new guy in charge of the Custom Shop. 
    Superb builder and the man also responsible for the brilliant American vintage range. Can’t be bad news
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Strat54 said:
    dindude said:
    chris78 said:

Superb builder and the man also responsible for the brilliant American vintage range. Can’t be bad news