Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Fractal Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    DefaultM said:
    What happened on the fractal forum to make them post that annoying banner at the top of the page?
    Someone dared to question Cliff and used a smiley emoticon in a post when addressing him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    I asked a question about the footswitch for the AxeFx3 and could sense the pitchforks being readied, I had the temerity to ask why the footswitch wasn’t available on the same release date as the rack unit as it was surely like making a car with some of the foot pedals missing, they seemed miffed :) . If Line 6 can do it for the Helix then surely it seems as though Fractal are  desperately trying to grab some cash in the short term whilst they readied the footswitch . Annoyingly I probably will still get one next year but I find the Fractal Forum so bloody arse kissy and full of fragile ego’s that it taints the product 
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Actually in the above case it's worked in my favour, I agree it's shocking and given the beta nature of Axe-Edit III, it's clear to me they needed to recoup some money so pushed it out.

I'd have bought a FC12 without thinking, now I've got a few nice little rig working with a MorningStar MC6 and a Midi Mouse - does all I need!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    Just come back from holidays, and see that v10 is finally released for the AX8. Anyone updated and tried it? Looking forward to the Plexi 2204 model.

However, seriously considering moving to Kemper....!
    I'm III now - but I'd advise upgrading before you think about selling, the demo's of performance and especially scene/preset switching are very impressive on v10/AX8 now
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118
    FarleyUK said:
    Just come back from holidays, and see that v10 is finally released for the AX8. Anyone updated and tried it? Looking forward to the Plexi 2204 model.

However, seriously considering moving to Kemper....!

2204 model sounds great - pick of the updated amps is the new Friedman: really growls.

Give me a shout if an unpowered kemper toaster is on your shopping list - I'm not going to be using mine and I'd rather it went to a good home

• Another gig with Bowie Fashion tonight, quick turnaround of bands required. Set up in 5 minutes flat, awesome sound on stage and FOH. Amps seem so outdated for me now...
    The Debacle over the Footpedals seems to roll on, I imagine it'll be January or February before we see the FC12 etc
    They’ve lost a lot of revenue there, I’m very happy with the MC6 and a midi mouse changing presets on the MC6. Hard to justify the FC12 now. 

Cant be alone in this 
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    I've seen a few FX8's for sale in various places of late, are people upgrading to AX8/Axe-FX or switching to other multi-fx units? The FX8 is still a great unit, so I am just a little bit curious.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    There have been a fair few AX8’s listed recently too, maybe ppl getting the £2.5k together for the Fx3 and the more than likely £700 for the FC12
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    sweepy said:
    There have been a fair few AX8’s listed recently too, maybe ppl getting the £2.5k together for the Fx3 and the more than likely £700 for the FC12
    I'd love to hear a FX8 & Kemper v Axe-FX 3 shootout  :)
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • I may have just bought an Axe FX III.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9445
    I may have just bought an Axe FX III.
    TOP MAN !!!!

Are they available now ?
    Bloody hell! I hope this didn't involve any vending on the used internal organ market...

I've seen how the III's processing power compares to the II.... enormous difference.
  • I can't believe how cheap the FX8 is used. One sold on here recently for £600 - that's INSANE. Considering it has Strymon-level (or better) delays, reverbs and modulations, outstanding wahs, probably my favourite compressors to put in front of an amp (and I own both a Cornish and a Slide Rig Deluxe), the best drives I've heard in a multi FX, a synth that tracks really well, pitch shifters that do the same, infinitely assignable expression pedal functions, huge programmability...all in a box that's better built than anything in its class, offering perfect unity gain effortlessly and with genuine true bypass functionality, it's an absolute bargain at its NEW price!
    TOP MAN !!!!

Are they available now ?
    Thank you, mate! G66 just took delivery and have another delivery this week and next. I'm excited! :-)

Bloody hell! I hope this didn't involve any vending on the used internal organ market...

I've seen how the III's processing power compares to the II.... enormous difference.
    Kinda did! haha.

Yep, it's a monster. 4 channels per block - so a 4 channel amp and you can have two amps (rumours of 3 in the pipeline) per preset. And there are 8 scenes per preset...so that's a lot of different tones in one preset! Hugely powerful.

• I can't believe how cheap the FX8 is used. One sold on here recently for £600 - that's INSANE. Considering it has Strymon-level (or better) delays, reverbs and modulations, outstanding wahs, probably my favourite compressors to put in front of an amp (and I own both a Cornish and a Slide Rig Deluxe), the best drives I've heard in a multi FX, a synth that tracks really well, pitch shifters that do the same, infinitely assignable expression pedal functions, huge programmability...all in a box that's better built than anything in its class, offering perfect unity gain effortlessly and with genuine true bypass functionality, it's an absolute bargain at its NEW price!
    You should do their marketing!

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    We won't have stock here in Singapore for another 3 months. :(
    TOP MAN !!!!

Are they available now ?
    Thank you, mate! G66 just took delivery and have another delivery this week and next. I'm excited! :-)

Kinda did! haha.

Yep, it's a monster. 4 channels per block - so a 4 channel amp and you can have two amps (rumours of 3 in the pipeline) per preset. And there are 8 scenes per preset...so that's a lot of different tones in one preset! Hugely powerful.

That's exactly how I'm using mine - it's great for that. 8 scenes each with a new amp/cab combination having so much fun putting together 'dream rig' presets