SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE: 2x Simms Watts (Fane) cast frame 12" speakers (16 Ohm, 50W)

DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
edited July 2018 in Amps £
Would hang on to these, but nowhere to store them long term, and don't have a cab to mount them in.  They came out of an old Simms Watts combo that I was given for free by a fellow forum member.  I've gutted and remodelled the combo cab with a pair of new speakers, so these need a home.  Both fully functional, no coil scrape, and they sound good.  They're Fane-manufactured cast frames, so pretty hefty.  The aluminium dust cap was cracked on one of them (see picture below)...I patched this with a strip of aluminium foil tape, but there's no reason you couldn't replace the dust caps all together if you were bothered.  Pics!

They cost me nothing, so if you can pick them up (just outside Norwich) then I'm not after anything for them.  I would be prepared to send them at your expense.  Like I said, they're fairly heavy, so I'd guess it would be somewhere in the region of £20-30 to post the pair.  Let me know, and I'll try and get a more exact shipping quote.

Cheers!
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Hmm... 2x12 to go with my orange build... wonder if these would be good for that. 
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Hmm... 2x12 to go with my orange build... wonder if these would be good for that. 
    Well, 70s Oranges often did come with cast-frame Fanes as stock speakers.  Don't know quite how well 2x50W speakers would fare with a 100W amp long term.

BUMP
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30873

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• m_customm_custom Frets: 49
    Dm’d
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    edited July 2018
    m_custom said:
    Dm’d
    ...and shortly on their way to that man. 

The Circle Of Gear just keeps on turning.  Hakuna Matata, Fretboard!