Brunetti Pleximan - opinions ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16013
    yes, it's a great and VERY flexible amp
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 688
    Gigged mine at last on Saturday and I bloody loved it :)
    Played some beefed up Beatles tunes and some pub rock covers (Lizzy, Whitesnake, GnR etc ) and it was excellent,
    Nice tight and raw for rhythm and screaming leads, spot on :) I was using my PRS DGT.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    Where did you guys get yours from? I really fancy one..
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I tried one and wasn't that keen, IMO it did the plexi thing well, and not much else.  Bought an ENGL Ironball in the end that I like the sound of much better, it's more flexible and a lump cheaper
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    John_A said:
    I tried one and wasn't that keen, IMO it did the plexi thing well, and not much else.  Bought an ENGL Ironball in the end that I like the sound of much better, it's more flexible and a lump cheaper
    The clue is in the name.
    It's supposed to be a plexi.

I love mine still. Currently got my Roland 501 in the loop and it's just AWESOME!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Does the Plexi thing very well.....the Soldano hot rod Plexi very well too.
    The clean is good but not magical but you need to regard that as a gratuitous free bonus .
    Brilliant Amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    i changed pickups in my Knaggs this week to Suhr Aldrich that are very hot, wow what a difference. The Pleximan is very different depending on what guitar you put in it. I had an EVH 50w that pretty much sounded the same no matter what you put through it, but the Pleximen is the total opposite.
    I could use this amp for a wedding band, or a heavy rock band, it's ace and very close to what my signature amp would be if i was designing one

and to answer the question - i spotted mine on Ebay a few weeks ago and jumped on it as i'd been looking for a used one for a while and they don't pop up very often.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    i changed pickups in my Knaggs this week to Suhr Aldrich that are very hot, wow what a difference. The Pleximan is very different depending on what guitar you put in it. I had an EVH 50w that pretty much sounded the same no matter what you put through it, but the Pleximen is the total opposite.
    I could use this amp for a wedding band, or a heavy rock band, it's ace and very close to what my signature amp would be if i was designing one
    Yes, agree.

I love mine with nocaster pickups, not so keen with the SD HB's I have (a custom custom and 59) but the difference in sound is huge. Really responsive to what you but in. Same is true of drive and boost pedals, you can hear big differences in the way the amp responds.
    Yes, agree.

I love mine with nocaster pickups, not so keen with the SD HB's I have (a custom custom and 59) but the difference in sound is huge. Really responsive to what you but in. Same is true of drive and boost pedals, you can hear big differences in the way the amp responds.
    The amp is so good I'll probably sell my drive pedals.

Oh and got mine off eBay too ;)
    #thebatesmotelband
    running mine with Hotplate attenuator...........wow
  • ChesterChester Frets: 52
    You guys are obviously having a lot of fun with the Pleximan, and you're fueling my GAS for one bigtime. I contacted Marco regarding the bias points question I had earlier in this thread, and he was back to me within 24 hours. And followed up with his sales people to make sure I was happy etc - excellent customer service which generates confidence in the brand 

When I can get the cash to buy one from him, I'll be back in touch .. 
    Gigged mine with a PRS SC250 I picked up this week, it was freakin awesome !!!!
    #thebatesmotelband
    Nice, I do like a PRS Singlecut

#thebatesmotelband
    Very nice! Is that Amber ?

Very nice! Is that Amber ?
    It is mate, it sings through the Pleximan.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2331
    edited March 12
    Necro bumping this thread as I'm interested in acquiring a Pleximan (I'm aware there's one on here, two on eBay, and one at Coda).

I did have one for a short while in 2017 but didn't hang onto it and can't fully remember why.

My main question for anyone that still has one or had one - is the Hot Rod switching usable in a loud, live environment as a quasi-two gain stage option, or does it bring about a huge volume increase in addition to gain making it more of a 'choose one or the other' kind of thing for live use?

There's no option on the amp for tailoring the Hot Rod's level so I'm wondering whether it is pointless as a footswitchable feature and perhaps that is why I didn't keep the previous one I had.

Thanks in anticipation.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 395
    It depends on where you set the master volume. If there's lots of headroom available, the amp will get louder as well as increasing the gain.

Likewise, if there isn't much headroom left, only the gain will be increased.

If the difference in volume when engaging hotrod is too great when running the amp in 50w mode, it could work well by setting the master volume up (around 3 o'clock) in 5w mode.
    I've never noticed it getting much louder with the hot rod engaged