Stunning job by SC Relics

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Top job. Beautiful looking guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    Wow that lovely, I definitely need one of them in my life......
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    That has a shellac quality about it which is very deep and lustrous. Yeah, I’d be proper bloody chuffed if that was mine...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    Superb work on the sunburst.

IMO, watching Scott's build quality improve and improve has been one of the best things about this forum.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 536
    This looks ace.  Very nice work. :)
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1373
    Ffs. I am trying not to gas after stuff like this. This is not helping! Great great work
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    Looks absolutely fantastic.
  • mrmorrisonmrmorrison Frets: 33
    That is excellent.The less is more and subtle ageing is definitely right.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    Thats lovely - it reminds me of a a Tele Custom I once saw in London *MANY* years ago in either Andy's Guitar Workshop or Allbang and Strummits.

It was genuine 60s guitar that had been refinished by someone like Dick Knight (I think it was him) and it had aged almost exactly to that. It was a two colour sunburst too. I wish I'd had the money for it back then, as it was "cheap" because it was a refin and because this would have been late 80s/early 90s.

Deeply envious, chap. Thats bob-on.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    impmann said:
    Thats lovely - it reminds me of a a Tele Custom I once saw in London *MANY* years ago in either Andy's Guitar Workshop or Allbang and Strummits.

It was genuine 60s guitar that had been refinished by someone like Dick Knight (I think it was him) and it had aged almost exactly to that. It was a two colour sunburst too. I wish I'd had the money for it back then, as it was "cheap" because it was a refin and because this would have been late 80s/early 90s.

Deeply envious, chap. Thats bob-on.
    Really nice comments and, from everyone else. 

Scott has done a perfect job on this. Real craft and skill employed. I can honestly say the only examples I've seen on the web that match it, are the real thing. Not seen anyone else producing a finish like this one.
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2261
    well done @lonestar ;that's spectacular
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    Very classy !
    edited September 2018
    Just got this one finished and set up. Here are some pics as promised. 

Musikraft neck .92 .97 soft V, clay dots with Braz walnut fretboard reclaimed from Coney Island broadwalk.

Monty's Retro wind A3 pickups (most articulate I've ever played)

Got to say this is my perfect Tele, and it's here to stay. It turned out exactly how I envisaged in looks and sound.

/https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1898/44570285242_e235af281d_o.jpg
    /https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1878/42809725750_dbd4350668_o.jpg
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1883/44570290252_09a58c455c_o.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    edited September 2018
    That looks wonderful though could I make 3 recommendations , get an aged scratch plate or one that looks a bit more in keeping age the screws  and fit a Tele P/U switch tip, not jealous at all
    edited September 2018
    sweepy said:
    That looks wonderful though could I make 3 recommendations , get an aged scratch plate or one that looks a bit more in keeping age the screws  and fit a Tele P/U switch tip, not jealous at all
    Cheers. Totally agree about the scratch plate, couldn't find one at the moment that looks the part. This is just one I had from a previous build. The screws are actually aged and, I just prefer the strat switch tip.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    That's a nice burst, but a shame you've added a counterfeit decal and made it a Fakeder.
    edited September 2018
    Strat54 said:
    That's a nice burst, but a shame you've added a counterfeit decal and made it a Fakeder.
    I have no problem putting a Fender decal on a neck that is licensed by Fender. Especially when the neck is of a higher build and quality than Fender (including Custom Shop) necks.

For me, it would look odd without a decal and it would look even odder with a decal I've just made up off the top of my head with a typeface that just doesn't go.

Now, putting a Fender decal on a really shit neck......sorry that's what they do already  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4158
    Ageing plastics convincingly is a nightmare and some of the better quality aged plastics make you wince at the cost, still a wonderful Tele and yes I want one dammit ;)
  • sweepy said:
    Ageing plastics convincingly is a nightmare and some of the better quality aged plastics make you wince at the cost, still a wonderful Tele and yes I want one dammit ;)
     I agree, total nightmare. I've had a go heating them a bit in really hot water then a applying a stain, with varying degrees of success. But, nothing that I was ever happy with so I'll be keeping an eye out to replace this one.
  • Zoolooter said:
    Just got this one finished and set up. Here are some pics as promised. 

Musikraft neck .92 .97 soft V, clay dots with Braz walnut fretboard reclaimed from Coney Island broadwalk.

Monty's Retro wind A3 pickups (most articulate I've ever played)

Got to say this is my perfect Tele, and it's here to stay. It turned out exactly how I envisaged in looks and sound.

Class :+1: