Happy Accidents

What's Hot
schrodinger1612schrodinger1612 Frets: 390
edited July 2018 in Studio & Recording
My happy accident of the day was picking up a jingle from a French radio station through my strat’s single coils. I quickly hit record before it disappeared and am now exploring ways to fit it into my track.

https://s33.postimg.cc/bn3sw350f/C9_C33_AAC-_B20_D-4_DF2-_A62_F-_AB5_D9876_E51_E.jpg

What happy accidents have you experienced while recording? 

Feedback Thread: https://goo.gl/bquaSD
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2616
    Back in the 4-track days I recorded a track on a C90 I'd been given. As I tended to wind in to the tape a bit before recording, it turned out that 16 bars of the overture from the musical Carousel appeared (at double speed) before my track came in in exactly the same key and exactly on time. 

Of course, I'd never be able to afford the licencing fee, and the whole thing was a bit rubbish so it wouldn't be released anyway, but still it was amazing serendipity. 
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    A guitarist in a band dropped his plectrum after the second chorus of a song as we recorded it at a demo studio.  The drummer and I (bass/vocals) carried on by banging on the root of the scale and he ripped on into the hook after a bar or two.

We decided instead of rerecording the backing track that he could just do a pick scrape over the error, and that's the way we played th tune after that.
  • BazzBassBazzBass Frets: 1
    anything I recorded on 4 track in the 80s , that sounded good, was an accident :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28279
    I forgot to press record and spared the world another horrendous bedroom blues jam
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom