SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT CS Fender Strat 62 relic limited edition ( Brazilian Project ) PRICE DROP

What's Hot
Alex335Alex335 Frets: 121
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
For sale due to lack of use is my much loved Abby loaded Strat, this is one of the Brazilian project limited editions from 2010. 
In as new condition. Fantastic guitar with one of the nicest necks IMHO ( 65 C profile ) I have played on a Strat due to the beautiful rolled edges and AAA Indian slab rosewood board ( 7.25 radius ) 

Weight 7.48Lbs

Heres the story of the Brazilian Project Guitars ( borrowed from GAK )

'62 Relic Strat with a slightly unusual history. It started life a couple of years ago with a different neck that had a Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard. However due to CITES regulations this had to be removed so the guitar was sent back to the Custom Shop in California to have this replacement neck (with a still extremely nice 'AAA' Indian Rosewood fingerboard) constructed and fitted. So this is really best described as a 'New Old Stock' Relic- if there ever was such a thing! One significance of this is the pickups- on this particular instrument they are Handwound '60s but, as this guitar's body is a couple of years old, the pickups were handwound by Abigail Ybarra! As Abigail has retired after more that 50 years at Fender this is probably the only new instrument for sale with these electronics.. This Strat's body is extra-light two-piece Alder. The neck is actually pretty unusual in as much as it is constructed from rift-sawn Maple. Rift sawing is actually the strongest, most stable cut of wood possible (more so than flat or even quarter sawn) but is rarely used as is comparatively quite wasteful. The fingerboard has a 7.25" radius, the frets are narrow & tall 6105s. The neck profile is a '65 'C' shape measuring .820" at the first and .974" at the twelfth fret, the nut is 1.65". Overall a great Strat with a story! Includes Custom Shop blonde tolex 'Limited Edition' case.

Looking for a sale £2,250

the only trade i would be interested is an ebony board Gibson Es 355 ideal a VOS in ebony 

South East London 

1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Very nice.... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    All the 2010 Braz models had a 10" radius - I'm not sure why it states 7.25" on the shop floor travel plan spec sheet - I have known errors on those spec sheets before - I still have the original notes on these from Fender when we were acquired pre-sales info for advance orders - You can probably tell by looking at the actual fingerboard radius

Nice guitar though and a strong interest in such guitars when ever they come to market
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    edited June 2018
    All the 2010 Braz models had a 10" radius - I'm not sure why it states 7.25" on the shop floor travel plan spec sheet - I have known errors on those spec sheets before - I still have the original notes on these from Fender when we were acquired pre-sales info for advance orders - You can probably tell by looking at the actual fingerboard radius

Nice guitar though and a strong interest in such guitars when ever they come to market
    I thought that was strange too. @Alex335 if you take a pic from the bridge sighting up the fingerboard it should be apparent whether the radius is 7.25” or 10”.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Alex335Alex335 Frets: 121
    @guitars4you @fretfinder I can confirm  it’s definitely a 7.25, I don’t really get on with the ‘flatter’ boards on fenders, I played a couple of the 10” and really did’t do it for me. The neck and fingerboard radius were the deciding factor in this one for me.
    will try and get a pic up later 

@fretfinder ;New pic added added
    BUMP 
    straturday BUMP 
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    That’s a beaut.
    Thanks @pmg I think I’ve actually spent more time looking at it than playing it.. 
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    @alex335 that’s a shame, it needs to be played!
  • All the 2010 Braz models had a 10" radius - I'm not sure why it states 7.25" on the shop floor travel plan spec sheet - I have known errors on those spec sheets before - I still have the original notes on these from Fender when we were acquired pre-sales info for advance orders - You can probably tell by looking at the actual fingerboard radius

Sorry to exploit your post alex335, but I'm intrigued by the comment above from guitars4you. I've recently bought one of these 2010 beauties and was surprised to measure a fretboard radius of 10" rather than the 7.25" indicated on my spec sheet. I'm awaiting clarification from Fender but can anyone shed further light on this for me? 
    @guitartom414 no problem, I’m actually quite intrigued by all of this too, I think maybe I have a pretty unique version of these run of guitars! I have a friends strat on loan at the moment and it’s a 9.5 radius and the board feels flat in comparison. Really can’t get on with it which is strange because I play mostly Gibson’s which have an even ‘flatter’ radius! 
    Sunday BUMP had some great trade offers but ideally looking to sell this beaut 
    Beer garden BUMP 
    edited July 2018
     BUMP
    Alex335 said: This Strat's body is extra-light two-piece Alder.
    Lovely Strat! Have you got an accurate weight for it? Thanks.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @fretfinder my luggage scales ( fairly basic ) seem to suggest around 6.5lbs
    edited July 2018
    Alex335 said:
    @fretfinder my luggage scales ( fairly basic ) seem to suggest around 6.5lbs
    Many thanks for that. Don’t suppose you have any digital kitchen scales to weigh it on? It’s just that that sounds improbably lightweight for one of these. Every other one I’ve come across has weighed just under, or even over, 8 lbs. Cheers.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @fretfinder will see if I can source a pair and get an accurate figure 
    @fretfinder weighing in at 7.48 Lbs