5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    @Bridgehouse any chance of a final set list?

Quite a lot of changes since the last one, even not allowing for @legionreturns self-harming...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    edited July 2018
    @Alnico did you want the leas on comfortably numb? I haven't had chance to learn it yet anyway!

Sorry, lost track of what's going on!
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    shuikit said:
    @Alnico did you want the leas on comfortably numb? I haven't had chance to learn it yet anyway!

Yes please.
    If you don't mind that'd be great.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Alnico said:
    shuikit said:

Yes please.
    If you don't mind that'd be great.
    Yea - no problem!
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Also on Comfortably Numb, @Alnico I think you said you'd sing the Roger Waters part so I'll take the Gilmour singing part. Should work really well. 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    @modellista Which of us are you expecting to sing on Time Of Your Life?  I've learnt the vocal (after a fashion), but sing in a very different register to the Green Day chap. Think it works OK, but it may not. Happy to run both ways on Saturday and pick a winner for the evening, or if you're already in the headspace where you're taking it I'll just thwack the acoustic.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Also on Comfortably Numb, @Alnico I think you said you'd sing the Roger Waters part so I'll take the Gilmour singing part. Should work really well. 
    Perfect.

I only play the lead really. I play the chords very lightly in the verses, in some parts not at all so I'm freer to sing that part and it's the part I enjoy singing more anyway, I just don't have the voice for DG's Chorus.

Which ending are we doing?
    There are two choices:
    1 - Play the studio version until it fades and then fumble the ending like a pissed swan trying to land in a paddling pool
    2 - Play the Live Version for just the last few bars which has a "Contact Point" (Cue) for everyone to listen out for and a proper planned ending which sounds good.

Listen to the last 60 seconds or so of any PF performance of Comfy and you'll see what I mean.
    DG stays away from the highest frets on his guitar until the very last few bars and that signals the ending. Leading up to it is an easy-to-hear riff that stands out from all the others just enough to at least get everyone's attention to see a nod.

Like this...
    Watch from 6:15 ish and the riff you listen out for comes in at 6:25, then at 6:40 those really high notes signal the end of the song, the song ends by playing chords everyone's been playing for the last few minutes but slower and then when we're down to E, everyone joins in for a big rock-star ending on Bm.

I'm happy to play the Studio version of the second solo but I don't see how to get past the fade-out at the end which is, I presume, why Gilmour does it this way himself.

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    edited July 2018
    @modellista @Snags - on Boulevard of broken... are we going to try and do it close to the record? ie me doing the distorted trem bit and the main power chords, Snags doing the acousticy stuff and Modellista doing the widdly/fiddly bits?

I spent an hour annotating the cowboy chords (with capo on the 1st) only to realise that I wouldn't then be able to do the final chord sequence on the outtro*... I'll chuck the capo in the bin and do it all in barres if I'm just doing the chuggy rhythm and trem bits...

B 

That bit drops to an Em, which don't sound great with a capo on the 1st

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

@McToot I believe @modellista wants to do it in Em anyway, so you can ditch the capo and stay cowboy :)

I've been doing the outro sequence as (capo 1 to match recorded key):

Em _ _ C _ _  D _ _ A/C# _ _ G _ _ D#5  (x3)
    Then a couple of good bangs on the G and Em at the very end.  Seems to fit reasonably well (I ripped the audio off the official video on YouTube).
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Snags said:
    @McToot I believe @modellista wants to do it in Em anyway, so you can ditch the capo and stay cowboy :)

I've been doing the outro sequence as (capo 1 to match recorded key):

Em _ _ C _ _  D _ _ A/C# _ _ G _ _ D#5  (x3)
    Then a couple of good bangs on the G and Em at the very end.  Seems to fit reasonably well (I ripped the audio off the official video on YouTube).
    Marvellous. I'll have a go on that this evening, wearing my boots, chaps and smoking a Marlboro. 

Ta

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

For clarity, it's that pattern three times, then the fourth time start the pattern but when you get to the G it's a couple of stabs and straight to the Em. (Off the top of my head)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    I know I know..

I'm sorry... here it is

If anyone wants the original xls file to do stuff with let me know
  • stickersticker Frets: 869

i'm happy to do backing vox on the ones i'm playing on too if it helps .

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    We need an other guitar on ace of spades im not going to be able to sing and play all those parts...?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    We need an other guitar on ace of spades im not going to be able to sing and play all those parts...?
    You’ll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine....
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    I know I know..

I'm sorry... here it is

Cheers Bridge.

Are we abandoning Lola?

Need singers for Rex and Quo.

It was suggested ages ago that I might have a crack at Danger Zone - that's fine with me, but it would be an octave lower.  Sort of comedy baritone.
    I know I know..

I'm sorry... here it is

Cheers Bridge.

Are we abandoning Lola?

Need singers for Rex and Quo.

It was suggested ages ago that I might have a crack at Danger Zone - that's fine with me, but it would be an octave lower.  Sort of comedy baritone.
    I’ll chop Lola out. Mostly it’s in a state where we can fill in little gaps on the day. 

@Legionreturns - fancy doing a running order chap? You can wank, er type one handed, no?
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    @Bridgehouse yep I'll get on it first thing tomorrow. My +1 James wants to play on a few things too. I'll get him to register so he's legit. He's Saturday only plus gig 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    @Bridgehouse yep I'll get on it first thing tomorrow. My +1 James wants to play on a few things too. I'll get him to register so he's legit. He's Saturday only plus gig 
    I’ll do at least another edit of the list before Friday anyway