5th Birthday SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Has everyone who has said they are coming put down for stuff? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    LuttiS said:
    No - some will just want to observe or informally Jam which is absolutely fine
  • :o Hah, oops! Had completely forgotten I was supposed to be playing bass on a couple of tracks! Good job I checked!
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    LuttiS said:
    No - some will just want to observe or informally Jam which is absolutely fine
    We could use a final and/or updated attendees list we have had quite a few plusses and minuses and are due a couple more drop outs
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Snags said:
    @McToot I believe @modellista wants to do it in Em anyway, so you can ditch the capo and stay cowboy :)

I've been doing the outro sequence as (capo 1 to match recorded key):

Em _ _ C _ _  D _ _ A/C# _ _ G _ _ D#5  (x3)
    Then a couple of good bangs on the G and Em at the very end.  Seems to fit reasonably well (I ripped the audio off the official video on YouTube).
    Right.  This is slightly tricky due to the Eb/D#.  The last note is actually the Eb not E, and it's definitely a low Eb rather than an octave higher, ie low string open on Eb rather than fretted at the 6th/7th fret.

One way of achieving that would be to play it with the capo on 1st and quickly whip it off for the outro.  Or as mentioned by @McToot above, play all barres.

How about - let's play it in the key on the record (Fm).  Then we have access to the low E for the outro.  

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5325
    Works for me
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Snags said:
    Works for me
    Me too. I think. 

There is a slight snag on my preparations: I've been in a major meltdown since 5pm yesterday when my wife discovered that my eldest daughter's passport expired in April. We were due to fly on hols next Tuesday, but it turns out that the quickest you can renew a passport for a child is a week and the earliest London appointment is next Tuesday.

Cue a 360-mile roadtrip to Newport in Wales for yours truly tomorrow and a few hundred quid to move flights by a week.

I'm drained. My Mrs didn't get a wink of sleep last night and I didn’t fare much better.

All of this means I lost all of my practice time last night and the same tomorrow. 

I'll be ready, but rustier than a 1969 Ford Cortina barn find...

:s 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Oops.  File that in the "not good" category.

If it's any consolation I did a load of early practice about a month ago, since when I've done pretty much SFA other than 5 minutes here and there, and this week to date has been an UTTER BASTARD with early starts and late finishes.  So after getting up at 5 a.m. to drive to Hudd on Saturday I'm probably just going to want to sit against a half-stack and go to sleep :)
  • If it's any further consolation...I still can't even hold a guitar :( 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Get one of those playing stands, open tuning, a slide, and you're sorted ... (he said, not terribly helpfully)
    Snags said:
    So after getting up at 5 a.m. to drive to Hudd on Saturday I'm probably just going to want to sit against a half-stack and go to sleep :)
    You're getting up at WHAT time? I wasn't thinking of leaving until 7am and I'm 20mins due south of the M25...

Do I need to revise my plans?

The plan was leave at 7am or just before, pick up  @pmbomb ; in Dorking at 7:30. Get to Hudders at 11:30-12ish. 

Is that ambitious?

I think it's safe to say that there won't be any judging going on this weekend :)

Turn up when you can do, as prepared as you like and don't sweat it. 
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Aye, this is supposed to be fun so there's no pressure!

Just to join in with the woe I've decided to drink ten pints of beer on the Friday night.  That would put me in the same boat of tiredness and pain as everyone else on Saturday :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Apparently I'm down to play bass on some of these tracks. Lol - better actually find out what key they are in and have a go at them. Maybe. 

Just to join in with the woe I've decided to drink ten pints of beer on the Friday night.  That would put me in the same boat of tiredness and pain as everyone else on Saturday :)
    It's a pre-ordained 10-pinter??! I always found those harder work than the spontaneous 10-pinters. I'm planning on the latter for Saturday...

;) 

McToot said:

It's a pre-ordained 10-pinter??! I always found those harder work than the spontaneous 10-pinters. I'm planning on the latter for Saturday...

;) 
    Planning to plan is planning to succeed. If you don't plan to plan or fail to plan you'll fail to succeed in your planning. Or some other shit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    McToot said:
    Snags said:
    So after getting up at 5 a.m. to drive to Hudd on Saturday I'm probably just going to want to sit against a half-stack and go to sleep :)
    You're getting up at WHAT time? I wasn't thinking of leaving until 7am and I'm 20mins due south of the M25...

Do I need to revise my plans?

The plan was leave at 7am or just before, pick up  @pmbomb ; in Dorking at 7:30. Get to Hudders at 11:30-12ish. 

Is that ambitious?

Well ... there are a number of factors at play here:

1. In order to be decent to Mrs Snags I have a few domestic items to take care of in the morning, so can't just fall out of bed and into car.  So I'm aiming to actually pull off the drive between 6/:30
    2. Google reckons it's anything between 4 and 5.5 hours
    3. I absolutely hate rushing into somewhere late when I have gear that needs unloading, stuff to setup etc.
    4. That goes twice as much when it's a music thing
    5. And that goes twice as much again when it's something "unknown"
    6. I am therefore going to be happier getting there early (if the roads are clear) and then giving @Legionreturns a hand setting up and settling in to my new kennel environment than turning up in a fluster and making a twunt of myself
    7. I'll be awake then anyway, because all frigging week I've had to get up at that time so I can get the dog out of the house before the decorators turn up, otherwise he'll a) eat them and b) get covered in shite, so I'll probably be awake anyway, and may as well get on the road
    8. A certain amount of hyperbole may have been employed for dramatic effect. It's more likely to be 5:30 when I drag myself from my pit

Hrm, just realised instead of being honest I could have said "I'm just so grateful to @Bridgehouse and @Legionreturns and I'm so excited I'm like a five year old at Christmas and want to get there as early as possible because I just can't contain myself". Bugger :)
    By the way, does anyone give a flying fuck what basses and bass equipment I bring?

No.. didn't think so :)
    Actually, yeah, I do.  My recently developed bass GAS could do with some added procrastination and vacillation from having played a few different things :)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    By the way, does anyone give a flying fuck what basses and bass equipment I bring?

No.. didn't think so :)
    Elastic band stretched across a shoe box?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1