Lock Them In. Burn Them Out.

What's Hot
Constructive criticism welcome!

These are home demos, so my intention is to pick some and record and mix them professionally.

The name probably doesn't match the music, unless you think both are crap, then I suppose they do.

I am aware that my lyrics are weak, and they'll need production when it comes to recording them properly.

I've been trying to keep the overall sound somewhat "minimal" if I can.

https://soundcloud.com/locktheminburnthemout  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    Definitely not what I was expecting based on the name :) 

Sounds good to me!

Would be good with some strings I reckon...
  • Thanks a lot! Yeah, I suppose the name conjures up something else...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    I like the songs Settle? and SOS. I liked the more experimental sound treatments on #13 Rough. The other pieces are not really my cup of tea. Sorry. 
    Be seeing you.
  • No need to apologise. I welcome the feedback and just need to refine what’s there ;)
  • My latest rough demos. I'm going to get this professionally recorded, change the god awful lyrics, the key, and add some changes not here already

This one has already been professionally recorded, so just needs some tweaks. Sounds a bit different to this home demo

• joetelejoetele Frets: 947
    OCt102019 - What guitars/pedals did you use on this dude? Really like the organic, lofi feel to it. 

Jun08 - really like this too, especially the effects at the end. I could see this stuff almost as-recorded on vinyl and CD etc. 

(also really like July6) 

If you lived nearby I'd love to add some ethereal stuff over the top with my pedals. 

I can hear the influences but it also sounds like you, if you know what I mean. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    Oh, going to need to know what electric guitar and pedals you used on the Apr29 track too....I love it 
  • @joetele I can't remember what reverb I used on Apr29, a EHX Holy Grail possibly or a Mooer digital delay.

Oct10219 was the EHX Dispatch Master and a Boss Octave through a Joyo AC Tone straight into the interface. Also the long reverb in the middle was the spring theory sub decay using the room setting for a heavy effect. I bought this mainly for the spring effect, but it's turned into a dark horse of a pedal. I could easily use it alone.
    @joetele I can't remember what reverb I used on Apr29, a EHX Holy Grail possibly or a Mooer digital delay.

Oct10219 was the EHX Dispatch Master and a Boss Octave through a Joyo AC Tone straight into the interface. Also the long reverb in the middle was the spring theory sub decay using the room setting for a heavy effect. I bought this mainly for the spring effect, but it's turned into a dark horse of a pedal. I could easily use it alone.
    Cheers dude, really enjoyed all the tracks on your Soundcloud. Would buy an album of this stuff. 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1385
    edited May 2020
    Another few ideas. I have 5 "proper" recorded tracks on the way in the next few weeks, but these are additional ones still at idea phase:

My first time using Ableton lite, and used the samples and synths in the free version for this. You can hear some bum notes and fluffs, but wouldn't mind expanding on this.

https://soundcloud.com/locktheminburnthemout/may-1-instrumental-idea

Vocals on this one...

Would love to get some brass, or something different as another layer on this instrumental

Again with this, probably a big fuzz bass missing off it! Or a full kit. Instrumental...

Many different versions of this song, but has potential, I think.... dunno... More vocals.... strings would be good on this, or some trumpet etc

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    Listened to the three most recent. I dig it. It’s like ry Cooder doing shoegaze at times? I liked it a lot. Following. 
    gusman2x said:
    Listened to the three most recent. I dig it. It’s like ry Cooder doing shoegaze at times? I liked it a lot. Following. 
    Thanks! Hadn’t thought of that mix but that’s a big compliment for me!
    Always love to hear some new stuff from you dude, really loving it. Love the Low-style approach, and yet you conjure such huge atmospheres with it too. Album please. 
    joetele said:
    Always love to hear some new stuff from you dude, really loving it. Love the Low-style approach, and yet you conjure such huge atmospheres with it too. Album please. 
    Thanks a lot. Appreciate that. I have 4 other songs recorded that I was due to "release" (put online!) as an EP. More I listen to them, the more I am critical of them, but think I should just let them off out there.
    I am much more comfortable doing non vocal stuff, so think I will go down that road, but try and keep the "minimal" thing going if possible as an overall theme....
    Another one ... 

And another. 

And another :) 
    Man, I keep forgetting to subscribe to this thread. Absolutely loving it dude. You have a professional album in you and it shows 
    Thanks @joetele That's the plan, but might split it into 2 EPs. Dunno how I'll do it live.