Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Bizarre. I dreamed that I watched you do it and @Alnico got drafted in to play guitar as no-one else would admit to knowing the part!
    I was 15 the last time I played that song live.

That was just brilliant. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    LuttiS said:
    Morning Chaps! Ready for round 2? ;)
    Born ready.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    Just got my value for money out of the breakfast buffet, now I need to sit down...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Chris just pointed out that we didn’t get our meat raffle last night. 

I want a refund
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3665
    They only have the meat raffle on Fridays. Weren't you listening?
    The pile of guitars for the gig:

The Wall at Sasquatch:

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Hope you guys are having a blast, gutted I couldn’t make it. Various blisters on my feet have after Friday’s exertions have put the dampers on me doing much this weekend. 
    Hope you guys are having a blast, gutted I couldn’t make it. Various blisters on my feet have after Friday’s exertions have put the dampers on me doing much this weekend. 
    Last nights gig was genuinely epic and totally unexpectedly awesome
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Hope you guys are having a blast, gutted I couldn’t make it. Various blisters on my feet have after Friday’s exertions have put the dampers on me doing much this weekend. 
    Today is very relaxed. If you want to pop along for an hour or so just for the craic we'd love to see you mate

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Today is very relaxed. If you want to pop along for an hour or so just for the craic we'd love to see you mate
    There’s plenty of space and it’s very chilled
    Sunday chilling at the Jam..

• My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    It's been emotional, guys. That was an ace weekend. I love getting to play stuffwith other people t hat wouldn't fit into my band's setlist.

Huge thanks to @Bridgehouse @Legionreturns and @Sasquatch_Bob for putting this together. Also to @drummermatt who played with us yesterday and was a monster drummer when we needed him and laid back and groovy when the song needed it.

It was cool to see people who'd never broken their duck, playing with other people or live on stage. Props to those experienced guys who helped them along and coached them. Everyone turned their hands to something. I lost count of people who jumped in on drums, played bass or sang and joined in the event.

In terms of gear highlights @Phil_aka_Pip had a droolsome Epiphone, @sticker had an awesome baby Taylor @CustomPedalBoards had a genuine Watkins (never seen one in the flesh before!) and a Roland Chorus Echo plus a bunch of other stuff that made weird noises. There were too many other awesome rigs and pedals to count.

I'm counting down to the next one.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Only joined in today - but the buzz around the event was superb - sounds like the gig was fantastic last night.

Great to meet some more people off the forum (thanks for the photo @Alnico).

@Legionreturns, @Bridgehouse & @Sasquatch_Bob - sterling work gentlemen. Thanks very much for everything you’ve done.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    tFB Trader
    Sounds like it went really well...  Im really glad about that, a lot of effort goes in to these....  Shame I couldn't come, hopefully next time...
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Was a genuinely great weekend. Whole thing was so relaxed and positive, got a chance to chat to everyone and lots of jamming and checking out gear too. 

The evening event was a particular highlight. Was nice to be able to sit and have a beer with everyone.

Thanks to all for great time - especially the organisers who I'm not going to tag as I imagine they have a billion notifications already :)
    It was the first Jam I've been able to attend for 3 years and it was amazing.
    Fabulous studio, Bob is an absolute star and the studio is a friendly, warm and very inspiring place.
    The buzz on Saturday was immense but there was no pressure (Except when Bob gave us the thumbs up and the "Virtual red light" went on, *then* it's pressure) and the general attitude of everyone was very relaxed and a ton of fun.

Saturday night's gig was the icing on the weekend.
    The bowling club regulars loved us and said "We haven't had that much fun here for years" and the Landlord, who is a huge live music fan himself thought the format and that fact that some were peoples first-ever performances were fantastic. The praise we all had heaped on us for that this morning when we went to collect our gear was unexpected (for me) but gracious and very inspiring.
    We even got paid !!!

Today has been a bit more subdued as we all got over our hangovers but today was equally great, just in a different more kind of Sunday way.

The standard of gear that was in that building was stunning and it was great to spend time with people looking at and playing their gear.
    The standard of effort and guts people showed when playing was exemplary. None of us are Pro's and we know it but when we saw people "Bust loose" and really go for what they were attempting it was like soul food.

I met lots of new people and enjoyed it all, some of them I haven't seen at all since 2015.
    I also got to teach a few things to a few people and genuinely feel like I helped them.

HANDS DOWN the star of the weekend for me was @darthed1981 because he was someone was nervous AF before his first Jam last year and since then, this is his 5th Jam session. He's consistently improved every single time and the man is unstoppable in terms of being brave enough to do this. To see him come so far in 12 months is (to me) very inspiring and it deserves to be noticed.

Paranoid at Saturday night's gig is something I won't forget for a while, REALLY well done Ed.

I would personally like to thank you all for welcoming Audrey the way you all did, she had a life-changing experience and loved being with you all. That was her first time anywhere near this kind of thing and although she's still at the beginning stages of learning to play, she was there with her own guitar and loving being part of the whole thing. She was so full of admiration for everyone and she's come away from it all REALLY looking forward to doing it all again and meeting you all and some more new people again.

Thank you, everyone, for making our weekend wonderful and for reminding me why I do this.
    Life has got significantly better for me this year and the big problems in my life seem to be over so both myself and Audrey will try everything we know how to attend the future Jams.

Biggest thanks to @Sasquatch_Bob , @Legionreturns and @Bridgehouse for sheer hard work and absolute brilliance.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    Can only echo thanks to @Sasquatch_Bob @Legionreturns ; and @Bridgehouse for putting together such a superb weekend.

Fanstastic opportunity to play a first gig with such a great audience and amongst such talented musicians.  Can't think of anything I have enjoyed so much in years!

@alnico thanks for the kind words, it has been quite a journey and I wouldn't have been able to do it without support from the TFB and everyone who has been kind enough to help me out, including yourself.

Can't repeat enough, couldn't have gone better this weekend!

Looking forward to the next one!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It should be noted that at the weekend we also accidentally discovered the second largest guitar case mountain in the country... (behind @HarrySeven ‘s)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Full marks to EVERYONE who did something to make it happen, and  to make it work ... you guys are all just brilliant!

Apparently we raised more for the charity (which one was it?) on that night than they normally raise in a year.
    We also drank the bar dry!

Didn't like the drive up there and liked the journey back even less. The A1 is even more of a waste of time than the M25 but I don't know any rat runs parallel to it :(

Hotel breakfast was superb :)

It was great fun meeting people too ... for anyone who cried off or didn't think they'd want to do it I thoroughly recommend it. DO IT next time!

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.