Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Full marks to EVERYONE who did something to make it happen, and  to make it work ... you guys are all just brilliant!

Apparently we raised more for the charity (which one was it?) on that night than they normally raise in a year.
    We also drank the bar dry!

Didn't like the drive up there and liked the journey back even less. The A1 is even more of a waste of time than the M25 but I don't know any rat runs parallel to it :(

Hotel breakfast was superb :)

It was great fun meeting people too ... for anyone who cried off or didn't think they'd want to do it I thoroughly recommend it. DO IT next time!

The bowls club support a local charity that helps out older folks in the local area (kinda makes sense as a bowls club I guess ;)

They raises £500 last night mostly through booze sales - we drank the bar dry.... and they were blown away by that as it’s more than they usually raise in a year. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Hotel breakfast was superb :)
    It was wasn't it?

Definitely give the Cambridge my business again if we do another stay-over do up there!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    It sounds like the stay-over and gig-in-the-evening format worked well ?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    @Bridgehouse Any chance you can post a picture without me in it?  ;)
    TTony said:
    Extremely well. Properly absolutely totally the best format of all time. Completely nailed it and was genuinely one of the most fun gigs I’ve ever played - it doesn’t look like much but for fun per square feet that stage was better than the pyramid at Glastonbury.

The casual relaxed not-too-over-organised format meant we could pick songs for the gig and play and record them in the afternoon so everyone had a chance to get a gig slot and learn their bits. 

As I’m sure @darthed1981 or @fandango would confirm, when I started these jams I really wanted to help new players who couldn’t see the wood from the trees see a navigable path to playing guitar in front of actual live punters in a real audience. Last night that happened, like actually in real life. 

We can be proud and say on the fretboard’s birthday, we actually helped some members play their first gig - nail it, entertain an audience. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    My secret is out
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    Extremely well. Properly absolutely totally the best format of all time. Completely nailed it and was genuinely one of the most fun gigs I’ve ever played - it doesn’t look like much but for fun per square feet that stage was better than the pyramid at Glastonbury.

The casual relaxed not-too-over-organised format meant we could pick songs for the gig and play and record them in the afternoon so everyone had a chance to get a gig slot and learn their bits. 

As I’m sure @darthed1981 or @fandango would confirm, when I started these jams I really wanted to help new players who couldn’t see the wood from the trees see a navigable path to playing guitar in front of actual live punters in a real audience. Last night that happened, like actually in real life. 

We can be proud and say on the fretboard’s birthday, we actually helped some members play their first gig - nail it, entertain an audience. 

Will happily confirm @Bridgehouse post above, the whole thing worked really well and that gig felt really special, not just because it was my first gig in front of real punters, but it was just so much fun for everyone involved.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    It should be noted that at the weekend we also accidentally discovered the second largest guitar case mountain in the country... (behind @HarrySeven ‘s)

Glad my head's turned into a pa speaker there so no one finds out I actually quite enjoy playing bass... 
    @Bridgehouse 's lovely plank was appreciated there :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    I can only reiterate the positive comments above.  A brilliant weekend that will live in the memory for a long time.  The format worked perfectly.  Literally everyone there was a top bloke (or a top woman, Audrey!) and I feel like I made several new buddies and reinforced some great friendships from the last one.

I've got a fair bit of footage from the gig and some bits from in the studio.  If anyone *doesn't* want to relive the weekend via the magic of YouTube and would rather I didn't post any video with them in it please let me know.  I did try and canvas opinion on the night and nobody I spoke to had any objections.  

Working in chronological order, this is Danger Zone in the studio featuring @Sasquatch_Bob @bloodandtears @McToot @drummermatt ;

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    It should be noted that at the weekend we also accidentally discovered the second largest guitar case mountain in the country... (behind @HarrySeven ‘s)

Shocked to discover that when kicking arse on my guitar I don't look like a charisma dripping sex god after all!

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Hope you guys are having a blast, gutted I couldn’t make it. Various blisters on my feet have after Friday’s exertions have put the dampers on me doing much this weekend. 
    Today is very relaxed. If you want to pop along for an hour or so just for the craic we'd love to see you mate
    Mate I would have loved to but I actually have blisters on my blisters :-)

friday wiped me out completely for the last couple of days, nearly 15 hours golfing has killed my feet. Next time I shall make sure I have nothing else planned and I shall be there. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    LuttiS said:

Glad my head's turned into a pa speaker there so no one finds out I actually quite enjoy playing bass... 
    It’s photoshopped onto your head - @bridgehouse does that to all photos of bass players that aren’t him...
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    My secret is out
    @Bridgehouse if you'd told me how you felt on Saturday, I could have stayed thenight
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My secret is out
    @Bridgehouse if you'd told me how you felt on Saturday, I could have stayed thenight
    I wouldn’t have had the stamina for you after all the booze :)
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited August 2018
    I'll do a proper thanks post tomorrow but I want to say to all organisers and players you are cool, I appreciate it. I feel like I got 6 months experience packed into 26 hours, and I will look for a way to pay it forwards. The format worked well for me and made the journey well worthwhile. (and we snuck in an hour at Magic Rock!).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    pmbomb said:
    I'll do a proper thanks post tomorrow but I want to say to all organisers and players you are cool, I appreciate it. I feel like I got 6 months experience packed into 26 hours, and I will look for a way to pay it forwards. The format worked well for me and made the journey well worthwhile. (and we snuck in an hour at Magic Rock!).

6 months experience in 26 hours - I’d say that’s a result!
    pmbomb said:

It's a great way of putting it actually, that's how I would describe it as well.
    pmbomb said:

It's a great way of putting it actually, that's how I would describe it as well.
    It’s clearly paid off for you, mate...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    LuttiS said:

It’s photoshopped onto your head - @bridgehouse does that to all photos of bass players that aren’t him...
    I may not be up to @Sasquatch_Bob ‘s bassing standards, but I’d consider myself more of “fretboard default bass player” and I’m not _that_ precious of it ;)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    Thread closed at @fandango ‘s request
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
This discussion has been closed.