5th Birthday Jam and Gig Reaction, Photos and Videos

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Also just uploaded by pics/vids.. There's some Rocking in the Free World there - i think @modellista did have his camera in for that though so probably a better one on the way. Having looked at them now though.. it appears i may have been suffering from beer. They are all silly shaky and mostly blurred.. did manage to get a bit of No Woman No Cry though :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    I have no idea how to upload stuff to that folder.  I don't think I have a OneDrive account...

I could just be being very dim. It's not unheard of. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hi all,

was gonna leave comment on other thread but seems theres a keen to close it down.
    anyway...

managed to get a little sleep last night, and now catching up with emails etc, back to making pedal boards (oh its a hard knock life!) 

had an absolute blast over the wkend. the right amount of people, the right people! everyone so friendly and as has already been mentioned no pressure and all very relaxed, as it should be for creatives (even tho we were doing mostly covers) but again same as last time had some good jams and thats what its all about for me playing something with people creating it there and then unique and never to be played again. hey @modellista how did the jam recordings turn out? would love to hear that 1 we caught half way through.

but yes had great time and nice to meet and chat to you guys i'd not met before and catch up with the 1's i met last time.
    thanks to the usual suspects for doing all the organising and all the comedy moments (gotta love an injury that gets u a piece of guttering strapped to your hand, comedy gold that kid, i'd keep it on even after you dont need to just for effect!) hehehehe

the evening doo and stay over was a great addition and really works (all be it very hungover and fit fer nowt the next day, ah well) a very successful wkend all round methinks. whens the next 1? 

for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    McToot said:
    I have no idea how to upload stuff to that folder.  I don't think I have a OneDrive account...

I could just be being very dim. It's not unheard of. 

my Hotmail did the job for a login.

or ping them to me on WhatsApp & I will do it.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    McToot said: it's the first time I've played bass on anything. Ever. So that's something

We should make a list of firsts.

At the last jam I realised I wanted to be able to step onto the drums when required (inspired by @mrkb!) so I've been taking lessons since then.  So this weekend was my first time ever playing an acoustic kit, first time playing drums with humans, and that very Neil Young song was my first recording on drums.

In fact I don't think any of us had ever played that song before?  Or even considered playing it until it came up randomly
    in the practice room.  That's another part of the brilliance of these weekends.  Unpredictability!

Anyway, here we are, warts and all.

LuttiS said:
    Also just uploaded by pics/vids.. There's some Rocking in the Free World there - i think @modellista did have his camera in for that though so probably a better one on the way. Having looked at them now though.. it appears i may have been suffering from beer. They are all silly shaky and mostly blurred.. did manage to get a bit of No Woman No Cry though :)
    lol I too have a 10 minute phone film of RIFW with 90% of the screen being my back. ;-)
    Sorry I couldn't get everyone in the picture, not possible with a fixed camera. But I do have a vid with the camera in a different place for the rehearsal and could maybe even intercut footage for the other guys. If I'm feeling very brace in Premiere Pro. But this will have to do for now :)
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    @modellista from the songs you drummed on over the weekend I assumed that stepping behind the kit to fill in was second nature; not something you were busting out for the first time; that's just ridiculous!
    @mctoot all you should need to upload to OneDrive (that's been shared openly) is a "Microsoft Account".  If you've already got a hotmail or outlook.com sign-in (or some flavours of Office 365) that should cover it.

If you haven't, and you want to get one, you can get a freebie account by signing up here - you can attach it to an existing email address so you don't have to actually sign up to Hotmail/Outlook if you don't want to.
    Snags said:
    @modellista from the songs you drummed on over the weekend I assumed that stepping behind the kit to fill in was second nature; not something you were busting out for the first time; that's just ridiculous!
    100%.

Great vid @modellista I got lucky that time.

Yeah I played it before, it was my bring. Thanks all for slotting it in at last minute and at the top of the running order, and then tolerating my stuttered noodling around pentatonic shape 1 without wincing.

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3665
    So @modellista when you played Power of Love on drums with us, that was your first ever time playing it?
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited August 2018
    Looks like onedrive is working better. 

@LuttiS and @pmbomb I can see both of your folders just fine.

I'd better turn off autosync on that folder or my laptop will explode next time I turn it on! 

Keep them coming guys, and if we have any talented editors that could put together some sort of montage/ advert to show off the event and advertise for future ones, you will soon have all the material you need! 

@Bridgehouse shall we ask @Sasquatch_Bob to put the recordings in a sub folder in there as he finishes them too? My onedrive is vast as I pay for extra space. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    So @modellista when you played Power of Love on drums with us, that was your first ever time playing it?
    Yep.

Never played the song before, let alone on drums.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    Cheers dude.  As I mentioned, at the last jam I didn't like the feeling of not being able to step up on an instrument so half an hour a week with a talented teacher for six months and there we are.  Certainly a highlight of the weekend to see if I could pull off a bit of drumming.  Worked out ok I think.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
     hey @modellista how did the jam recordings turn out? would love to hear that 1 we caught half way through.

Here we go.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The above has @CustomPedalBoards on guitar (and Space Echo!) and @LuttiS on bass if memory serves.  And me learning for the first time how loud acoustic drums are!
    @CustomPedalBoards what was the battery pack in your mini-board? Was it just a Volto, or something more exotic?
  •  hey @modellista how did the jam recordings turn out? would love to hear that 1 we caught half way through.

Here we go.

oooh nice cosmic jam man! hehehee cosmic man. shame we only caught half of it, but hey we got some of it.
    that space echo sounds lovely, so trippy n floaty n that (to get technical) it makes u play in a certain way like not many effects do. 
  • Snags said:
    @CustomPedalBoards what was the battery pack in your mini-board? Was it just a Volto, or something more exotic?
    1 of these ma dude: www.custompedalboards.co.uk/product/pt-volto-v2
    Ta muchly.  What's battery life like, in use?  Obviously it'll vary depending on how many pedals on at once for how long and stuff, but presumably more than enough to cover a jam/gig scenario on a single charge?  Also, any idea yet what they're like over time, in terms of number of recharges before they're knackered, and how they respond to potentially being left uncharged for a while?  I'm guessing similar issues to laptop batteries if abused/used heavily?

Sorry, should have asked all this yesterday, but for some reason my head was full of mush.