NGD - Gordon Smith GS1000

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Bigsby said:
    Another update - I had a surprise when the guitar came back to me today, as it seems to be a completely new guitar! Not just a new neck and fretboard as expected, but a new body too. And even the pickup seems new, with a plastic film over it...

Can't say how impressed I am with the service I've had from Gordon Smith, (and Forsyths Music store up in Manchester). And this one is as stunning as the first, beautifully made, well set up, balances perfectly, lovely slim neck, sounds fantastic... in fact the biggest difference is a bit of extra weight, though it's still lighter than a strat, and amazingly comfortable to play. 

Couldn't be happier - big thank you to all at Gordon Smith!  :+1: 
    Great to hear about some excellent service!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3186
    Not surprised by the standard of service from the Auden lads, I’ve met them a few times (informally) and they come across as being very genuine, top guys, who really care about creating quality guitars.

That GS looks awesome and I’m for once rather jealous as I never usually like them, must be the purple.
    What was the financial damage for this, I could be tempted to splurge? 

Happy new guitar day, enjoy!
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2934

That GS looks awesome and I’m for once rather jealous as I never usually like them, must be the purple.
    What was the financial damage for this, I could be tempted to splurge? 

Happy new guitar day, enjoy!
    Thanks! Gordon Smith list the GS1000 at £1,149, but I've seen them as stock at dealers in the £849 to £999 range. Mine was a custom order, but I placed it through Forsyths, so I could get their design of pick guard. The other added spec features were a custom colour, ebony fretboard and locking tuners, but the price was only £1 over the standard built-to-order price - so I was pretty happy with that. I'd say that anything around £900 for these is amazingly good value.

If you wanted the same colour, just ask for 'Triumph Magenta' - I'm sure they'll remember it!