Is this eBay promoted Disney book the worst charity fund raising attempt ever?

What's Hot
mondaypeanutmondaypeanut Frets: 72
edited August 2018 in Off Topic
Just saw this on the front page of eBay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ltd-Edition-RANKIN-Book-Celebrating-90-Years-of-Mickey-Mouse-the-True-Original/163191906435

Who on earth in existence wants this book? 

Even fans of photography would surely think that it's an embarrassment to own, what with every 'celebrity' holding the exact same 2-3 props. And the "High Profile" names... Julian Clary, Phillip Schofield, Amanda Holden...

"Each portrait aims to capture the simple magic and wonder of the 'True Original' Mickey Mouse" <- Can anyone tell me what 'Professor' Green's facial expression is conveying?.. was that the best photo they could use or did he just suddenly unexpectedly shit himself and they took the shot just as his brain registered it? 

Why not just sell Mickey Mouse dolls for charity or something?! I honestly would be surprised if the whole thing was a loss making exercise for tax reasons for Disney.
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12344
    Oh dear, it does indeed look shite. I only recognise about 25% of the celebrity names, but I am an old fart. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28284
    No joke I literally only recognise 13 names in their 'celeb' list. I have no idea who any of the others are. Still, I don't feel I can knock it if all proceeds are indeed going to charity.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27944
    axisus said:
    Still, I don't feel I can knock it if all proceeds are indeed going to charity.
    I think it's entirely fair to knock it.

Anyone who buys it would be better off just donating the money directly.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Fifty quid?

They're taking the mickey.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom