Maiden UK Tour

What's Hot
jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
Anyone been yet or going this week?

Seeing them for the first time since the Final Frontier tour on Friday at the O2 on the last night of their UK leg, and to say I'm excited is a *slight* understatement. 

I've read a few bits about the tour and the whole setup sounds incredible. 

I'm going with some friends of mine, one (girl) who loves rock music but never seen Maiden live ("will it be better than Metallica?") - I think she's in for a treat...and her husband, who likes modern day R&B music and until recently, hadn't heard of Pearl Jam (but got to see them from a corporate box at the O2 with work and was suitably impressed)...He's not so excited, but is pretty easy going and said he's happy to do the drinks runs during the show :+1: 

Their nutty uncle is coming too, who sounds like a stereotypical rock bloke who grew up on Maiden et al in the 80's. 

Should be a good night! 

Oh and Killswitch Engage supporting too, which I'm very excited about, as I loves them, I does! 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I saw them at Twickenham a few years back - really good live.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • saw them last night at Manchester.. truly magnificent show, sound, props and performance.. best I've ever seen them tbh... previous experiences haven't lived up to expectations for personal reasons...

dragged heels into venue so missed Killswitch.. looking at the set list I'm a tad gutted, but I do prefer Howard...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Saw them on book of souls tour and was quite disappointed tbh as time is saw them before that they were absolutely amazing - had just finished brave new world tour so were doing greatest hits festival shows.

So i didn't bother getting tickets.. after looking at set lists and hearing reviews i do regret it.. Maiden were my first love :)
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    saw them last night at Manchester.. truly magnificent show, sound, props and performance.. best I've ever seen them tbh... previous experiences haven't lived up to expectations for personal reasons...

dragged heels into venue so missed Killswitch.. looking at the set list I'm a tad gutted, but I do prefer Howard...
    I like them both as they're two completely different vocalists who bring different dynamics. I do miss Howard, but I do like me some Jesse - never seen them live with Jesse either, so will be great. Just hope we don't get stuck in traffic. What time did Killswitch come on roughly, do you know? 

If you've not heard it, hunt down the "Times of Grace" record. Adam D wrote it whilst he was recovering from back surgery and Jesse does all the vocals. It's magnificent. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5456
    My mates went to the Aberdeen gig at the weekend. General consensus is that it was the best gig they'd ever been to. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Seeing them tonight in Birmingham and again in London on Friday - with Power Trip in between. 

That probably makes me even more metal than Reverend.  But with much less hair. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4996
    I don't have a ticket yet as playing Bloodstock Saturday buy hoping to sort something for Friday. I will definitely drag my feet to juss as must as killswitch as possible. All the maiden die hards are saying it's the best they have seen them. Be good to see the Nifelheim twins and the rest of the Iron Maiden ultras instead. 
    I would agree with the diehards. 

The first four four or five songs last night were as close to a religious experience as I think I'll ever get.....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118

Going to see them Friday at the O2.

I don't usually get excited about concerts but, having read some reviews of this tour, this time round I absolutely can't wait.

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5626
    I saw them last night with my wife and 7-year-old daughter. Awesome gig - those guys just get better and better.

It was Bruce Dickinson's 60th birthday yesterday, and he's the youngest member of the band!
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    Saw them on Monday in Manchester, Bruce mentioned it was his 60th birthday in 3 hours, and fell over a monitor!
    Quite possibly the best show I've seen from them.  Not sure how the hell a pit happened, it's Maiden, not Slayer.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited August 2018
    Seen them last night, I'm not a maiden fan, my wife wanted to see them and two of our friends are big fans so we went as an excuse for a night out away from home 

I can appreciate how well done the stage and sets were, the band sounded huge, and they entertained. Not my cup of tea bit too much pantomime, and staged for me (though I guess it has to be to work)

Kill switch I lasted 2 and a half songs and retired to the smoking area. I can do screaming music just fine, but the songs I heard had no dynamics to them it was just all full out and horrible for me personally.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    They were a staple for me in the mid-late 80s and early 90s but not seen them for 15yrs. Going on Friday and really looking forward to it
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    Some pics from Manchester, which imgur has decided to put in a random order.
    May contain spoilers!

https://imgur.com/a/pWS9TXG

• yorkioyorkio Frets: 173
    They were a staple for me in the mid-late 80s and early 90s but not seen them for 15yrs. Going on Friday and really looking forward to it

I can beat that! I saw them in Newcastle on the first night of the (UK leg of the) tour and they were magnificent. They were very much my band when I was a teenager but I’d lost touch somewhat over the years. Well, when I say over the years, I mean it was the first time I'd seen them since the Killers tour in 1981. So a mere 37 years. (I still think of Bruce as the new singer!) 

• My wee brother saw them in Aberdeen. I tried to get tickets but failed. He said it was one of the best gigs he's been to (& he's seen some crackers).
    I'm seeing Bruce give a talk about his autobiography next week though, which I'm looking forward to. 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5140
    edited August 2018
    I’m sure I saw them at Paignton Leisure Centre with Wolfsbane as support... maybe 80’s or 90’s.
    Before they came on Dave Murray played the intro to Whole lot of Rosie, and the whole place erupted 

Edit... it was 1990
    Well, that was, without doubt, the best gig I have EVER been to. 

Just incredible. Churchill’s Speech into Aces High the stuff dreams are made of! 

Although I do wonder why Janick is still in the band, he keeps butchering all the bloody solos! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    joneve said:

Just incredible. Churchill’s Speech into Aces High the stuff dreams are made of! 

Although I do wonder why Janick is still in the band, he keeps butchering all the bloody solos! 
    Janick is the Jar Jar Binks of heavy metal.   No one wants him there but he makes the children laugh.  

Youre right, though - some of his solos were reallly scratchy and horribly boosted, compared to the absolute mastery of Dave Murray.  A lot of the time he doesn't play at all, just stands there on one leg, with his other leg up on a really tall bit of PA.  
    RobDavies said:
    joneve said:

Janick is the Jar Jar Binks of heavy metal.   No one wants him there but he makes the children laugh.  

Youre right, though - some of his solos were reallly scratchy and horribly boosted, compared to the absolute mastery of Dave Murray.  A lot of the time he doesn't play at all, just stands there on one leg, with his other leg up on a really tall bit of PA.  
    Exactly this. His stage antics are entertaining but every time Dave and Ade took front an centre it was tasteful, melodic and generally awesome...every single Janick solo is LETS PLAY THESE SAME NOTES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. 

And I know I’m about the only one who likes Killswitch but their old lead singer coming out to Perform End of Heartache was an absolutely awesome moment. Completely lost my shit.