Coffee grinders!! School me!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    Please do share your grindr knowledge!! 
    :D
    FTFY :-p
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27986
    The main advantage for me is that it grinds just enough for one cup at a time. Totally fresh every time. Adjustable for all sorts of machines from filter machines to proper espresso machines.
    Don't they all do that? The Bodum and Delonghi both do. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9581
    The ones I've had before (both Gaggias) either ground into a container, or into a compartment which fed into a doser which dispensed enough for a shot. Either way, the ground coffee was allowed to get stale for a few hours or even a couple of days before being used. With this new one, I grind straight into the filter basket and pull a shot within seconds.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Please do share your grindr knowledge!! 
    :D
    FTFY :-p
    Now we are talking!
  • For an aeropress, you'll not need an electric grinder - a good hand held one if the rhinowares grinder. It's a ceramic burr grinder that you can control grind size with.

If you want a more upmarket one that's equally suitable for medium - coarse grinds for aeropress, cafetiere and pourover coffees I use a stainless steel zassenhaus with a steel burr. It grinds faster and is a bit more consistent.

Aeropress makes great coffee but ignore the instructions - that way lay underextracted  sour coffee. Instead  weigh 15g of beans, grind it medium-coarse and add to an upside down aeropress. Then add water to the top, stir a couple of times, put the filter bit on, flip it onto a mug and wait

Because it cools quick, it's hard to overextract - you can leave for 4 minutes or 15 minutes and both will be a decent tasting coffee :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom