Fender Player Series Gaffe.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I've got a Squier Affinity Tele that I've had for 12 or 13 years and the tail piece  looks just like that.  I put a slight bend in each new string about a half inch from the end and guide it carefully through.  I recall being a bit miffed upon discovering this but it's not a deal breaker.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    edited August 2018
    I've got a Squier Affinity Tele that I've had for 12 or 13 years and the tail piece  looks just like that.  I put a slight bend in each new string about a half inch from the end and guide it carefully through.  I recall being a bit miffed upon discovering this but it's not a deal breaker.
    But isn't an Affinity a toploader, so that re-stringing it is a completely different jar of tadpoles to re-stringing a normal string-thru Tele?

I do seem to recall that the strings on an Affinity follow a weird 'Z' kind of route through the saddles, so putting a slight bend in the strings is a great idea for making re-stringing easier.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870

Aye that thar was my Affinity, which was a toploader. Only just remembered it was a little tricky to restring, but the kink trick works well!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • HAL9000 said:
    I've got a Squier Affinity Tele that I've had for 12 or 13 years and the tail piece  looks just like that.  I put a slight bend in each new string about a half inch from the end and guide it carefully through.  I recall being a bit miffed upon discovering this but it's not a deal breaker.
    But isn't an Affinity a toploader, so that re-stringing it is a completely different jar of tadpoles to re-stringing a normal string-thru Tele?

I do seem to recall that the strings on an Affinity follow a weird 'Z' kind of route through the saddles, so putting a slight bend in the strings is a great idea for making re-stringing easier.
    Ah!  I missed the part about the string through body thing.  At a glance both look pretty much the same(to me).  The learning never stops.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

Little update on this. 

Got a call from Pmt today to say the Tele is back and the bridge ‘fixed’.. 

I can’t get there until wednesday which sucks, but I did ask what had been done and they didnt give me any definitive answer.. which is annoying.

The bloke said he ‘thinks theyve changed the saddles’. To what, I do not know.

I’ll email Fender to see if they can tell me exactly whats been done, as it was supposed to have a new nut cut correctly too, which pmt made no mention of.. that was the more pressing matter actually as the saddles can always be pushed back for stringing.. 

I’ll keep ya posted. 
    Fender replied quick as usual.. 

They believe it has been replaced for a brand new one... 

I’ll think just turn up wednesday and see what I’ve been sent.. lol.