Straight to PA small board options. HX fx? tech21?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
I used to use the atomic  amplifire as a way to give a small board I could run into the desk - I could really do with a similar rig for some gigs and would appreciate any thoughts.  

A flyrig would work but the boost doesn’t work how I’d like it.  
I do have plenty of traditional pedals so could get something like a tech 21 Di and stick it only a PT mini with a couple of drives and delay - an all in one would be more practical though.

HX fx looks good for the fx but the IR would still need an amp I believe unless anyone has managed to find a complete amp and speaker as an IR that works?

or perhaps there is something else out there I hadn’t considered? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Atomic amplifire 6? Or their pedal format one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    cbellanga said:
    Atomic amplifire 6? Or their pedal format one?
    Either would work for sure - a firebox with a couple of my current pedals would be good and the A6 would be a step on from my previous A3,  I just wondered if anyone was successfully using any other solutions that I hadn’t thought of. 
    I’m an idiot and forgot I have a couple of red box di’s.  I’ve always used them between amps and speakers live but I suspect it would sound ok at the end of a small pedal board and I’ll be sorted. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30824
    John, I might sell my Benado PS-1B for the right price....google it.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    John, I might sell my Benado PS-1B for the right price....google it.
    Thanks James but I’m probably sorted with the redbox but either way it was the amp/speaker sim part of the board I needed.    I suspect the Benado sounds awesome though.  
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited August 2018
    From smallest to biggest, a few options

Zoom MS-50G, Zoom G3n, flyrig with a boost after it, Amplifire 6, Helix

• MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    My votes for a Palmer pocket amp. Sounds great, awesome functions and excellent value for money. Handy having one for a back up/practice amp at gigs.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/palmer-mi-pocket-amp-mk-2-portable-guitar-preamp-preampmkii?LGWCODE=PREAMPMKII;56375;6335&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjKa825fq3AIVAeJ3Ch1WFglxEAQYAyABEgIUTPD_BwE
    Thanks - I’ll check them out.  

Just rigged up a PA can and the red box and pedals (kot, dirty Shirley, el cap) and it’s rubbish.    I’ve had good results using the Redbox out of an amp but it definitely needs a preamp to get good results.   

So its it’s looking like a flyrig or a sansamp or Palmer pedal at the moment.    
    I briefly looked at the Ethos overdrive as it looks to have a good emulated output that’s probably over the top when I have decent drive pedals already.    
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9444
    Mate, sell all your peripheral gear and bits and bobs and buy a Kemper. Sorted.

Thats what I did and it is truly amazing through a PA :)
  • John_P said:
    Thanks - I’ll check them out.  

Just rigged up a PA can and the red box and pedals (kot, dirty Shirley, el cap) and it’s rubbish.    I’ve had good results using the Redbox out of an amp but it definitely needs a preamp to get good results.   

So its it’s looking like a flyrig or a sansamp or Palmer pedal at the moment.    
    I briefly looked at the Ethos overdrive as it looks to have a good emulated output that’s probably over the top when I have decent drive pedals already.    
    Get the Kotzen Fly Rig. Trust me

There’s no shortage of gear to get a good sound - if I aren’t using Marshall’s and pedals I use an ax8,  just looking to go really small for festival slots. 

I’ve had one before I really liked it apart from the boost not giving a volume lift - I’ve just bough a flyrig5 that I’ll put on a little pedal train with a kot, hopefully that’ll do the job.  

• John_P said:

There’s no shortage of gear to get a good sound - if I aren’t using Marshall’s and pedals I use an ax8,  just looking to go really small for festival slots. 

I’ve had one before I really liked it apart from the boost not giving a volume lift - I’ve just bough a flyrig5 that I’ll put on a little pedal train with a kot, hopefully that’ll do the job.  

Yeah if you’re going to stick a KOT on it then the FR5 night be the way to go