SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Jaguar 66 Reissue With Bound Frets And Block Inlays

What's Hot
northwardnorthward Frets: 13
edited September 2018 in Guitars £
Hi all! I had posted a thread about selling my Jaguar before, but it was taken down due to a lack of detail on the thread.  Im going to copy and paste from the previous thread and try to add some more information.

Fender Jaguar 66 Reissue. Its a relatively rare guitar (despite people getting annoyed at me saying so before...) as far as im aware there were only around 500 made in each colour that had the bound frets and block inlays. Has "Made in Japan" stamped at the base of the neck. I have edited out the serial number in these photos. Information from Guitar Dater Project:

Your guitar was made at the

Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan

in 1994 - 1995

EDIT: For clarity, I have now found out that these guitars didnt adhere to Fender Japan's standard numbering conventions, and it was actually made between 2007 and 2010.  Please see here for more information http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54978&sid=e0759230d0a03ad03ae0e9c2682adcb8

Im looking for £1100 shipped in the UK

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/IJ2hhJx

Some more additional information

How long you’ve had it.
I have had it for probably around 10 years

Where you bought it.
I bought it off of gumtree.  I wanted a Jaguar, and the chap I bought it from was looking to buy a Gibson SG so he was delighted to sell me it

How you’ve used it.
For better or worse, im not good enough and too afraid to play a gig, so its only been used to play around my room

What condition it’s in.
As far as I can see its in really good condition.  There are a few light scratches on the back of it, but they dont even show up in photos.

Why you’re selling it.
I have a G&L guitar that I play more, and this one is just quite honestly going to waste.  I tend to make more electronic music now.  Quite embarrassingly, I want to sell it to help pay for a sewing machine so I can make leather wallets and aprons

If anyone has any more questions or would like any more clarity please ask me here!  If you are around the Glasgow area you can come here and have a play of it for as long as you like

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good man, thanks for not having a flouce and coming back. I had a B and B jazzmaster, they’re great guitars. GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopig said:
    It is quite rare indeed:

Yep, thats her!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    Sewing machine eh?

I'm the only gay on this forum I'll have you know......

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    My Mum's got an old Singer in her sewing room  I could trade... I don’t think she’d miss it for a few weeks.....Joking aside, that looks great... GLWTS  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    Looks great that.

Can’t comment on the ‘rarity’ aspect, there will be far better informed members here who can clarify, but I will say these jap jags and jm’s often play fantastically and are often more resonant in comparison to their US counterparts.

It’s a tough time to shift anything at the moment so wishing you the best of luck with your sale and welcome to the FB.
  • Gassage said:
    Sewing machine eh?

Mate I know! Its ridiculous!
  • A small bump - guitar is still available
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Gassage said:
    Sewing machine eh?

Who Says ? 
  • Still available
  • Still available
  • Still available
  • Still available
  • Still available
  • Price lowered to £1100 shipped within UK
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 320
    Does your have a T serial number? Have you ever had the neck off?
  • Hydra19 said:
    Does your have a T serial number? Have you ever had the neck off?
    Yeah it has a T serial number.  You can see it in this picture from the original post https://i.imgur.com/lstiJwf.jpg

Never had the neck off

edited September 2018
    Well, I'll bet you if take the neck off you'll find a surprise!

I have the same guitar, also a T serial and it ain't no 1994, mostly because Fender Japan did not make a Jaguar with blocks and bindings in the 90's. I did some in-depth research on mine, and had the neck off many times, it's newer than 1994, and made in a different factory than the rest of the Fender Japans, not sure of the exact story, but I'm under the impression it was made in Dyna Gakki factory. Either way I love my Jaguar. 

The guy who sold it to me also said it's a '94, but it came used with the pickguard plastic film still on it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • northwardnorthward Frets: 13
    edited September 2018
    Hydra19 said:
    Well, I'll bet you if take the neck off you'll find a surprise!

I have the same guitar, also a T serial and it ain't no 1994, mostly because Fender Japan did not make a Jaguar with blocks and bindings in the 90's. I did some in-depth research on mine, and had the neck off many times, it's newer than 1994, and made in a different factory than the rest of the Fender Japans, not sure of the exact story, but I'm under the impression it was made in Dyna Gakki factory. Either way I love my Jaguar. 

The guy who sold it to me also said it's a '94, but it came used with the pickguard plastic film still on it
    I would love to see some proof of that.  For example, here is another thats exactly like mine with a 94 serial number.

Here is a jazzmaster from 90s block and bound

As I said in my original post, the serial number certainly holds up for a Fuji-gen Plant guitar made in Japan in 1994 - 1995

EDIT, PLEASE IGNORE ABOVE

Having another look at it, this chap here says that his guitar, which is the same as mine, has actually been actually made in 2007-2010.  It appears that they started using serial numbers that didnt adhere to the standard convention http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54978&sid=e0759230d0a03ad03ae0e9c2682adcb8

I will update my original post accordingly

Hi, yes, mine is from Novemver 27th, 2008, it was 2 years old when I bought it making it look brand new for a 1994 uitar.
    I think the T serial confusion is because at the different plant, not fujigen, they could use T serials as they themselves were not using that serial, so it can be different T serial Dyna Gakki is 2008-2010 and Fujigem T serial is '94.

Other than that it's a great guitar! It sits proudly in my guitar collection, the cheapest guitar I own but the sound is the most unique. I replaced the electronics with USA parts, and the pickups and now I don't think there is another Jaguar that can compete with it.

Good luck with the sale, I'd be on this if I didn't have one already!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom