theFB Jam - South (waterRats) - The Live Sessions!

What's Hot
15678911»

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited June 2018
    Reaper is also free chaps and very feature packed... I think you download a trial version that reminds you “it’d be nice to give us some money but you don’t have to” after 60 days.

Edit... it’s $60 for the full thing, which considering just how powerful it is is a bloody bargain tbh!

Logic is £200 and protools £500!!!!!!

Reaper is just as good... that said, if any of you have bought an interface you probably have a disk with some DAW software on it and if you have a Mac, GarageBand is perfectly decent for mixing, in fact comes with exactly the same plugins as logic!... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    edited June 2018
    Great idea, go for it. I was planning the same once I get around to understanding garage band
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    This is somthing I have never thought about attemping before. It's a great idea and am happy to participate!
    edited June 2018
    To give you an idea of what happened in the previous "Unofficial" challenge. I made the raw tracks to a cover of Seven Nation Army that we (The Chicken Thieves) recorded available for folk to remix as they saw fit.

This is the original mix:

The playlist below is the result of the tracks remixed so far... 

https://soundcloud.com/user-296617142/sets/mixing-challenge-1

There were no "rules" set for this, hence one remix has a bunch of different riffs played on the track (points if you can name them all)

So I think this time round I will come up with a few rules that folk have to abide by to enter... Also, I think I will just make one track available so people can compare notes on what they did to achieve their results.
    Does that sound fair? 
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    edited June 2018
    Yes, I'm OK with this - gives me the opportunity to create the first instrumental version of "Tush" (and thus relieve the community of hearing my attempted vocals).   
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It doesn't appear that anybody wants the USB posting on, if it becomes a "mixing" challenge and opened up amongst the forum then Im happy to post it on to whoever wants it.
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:
    Three Little Maids from school are we... and now the honorary forth maid @mrkb on vocals...

Tush V2 

Wow, that sounds tight and superb widdling!! Sorry about the Hollywood vocals... but who needs Hollywood anyway!
    @mrkb I think you've progressed since we did Tush at Huddersfield (link below). It's really quite high for a bloke to sing it.

Thanks for highlighting that @vasselmeyer - there’s definitely an improvement. I think I need a few singing lessons to help me work out my range and when to drop down in pitch rather than strain up high.
    Try tuning down to Eb. That little semitone makes a huge amount of difference. Sometimes the difference between being able to sing it and simply not being able to reach some of the notes. 

Whenever I suggest this people look at me as if I've insulted their grandmother, but I'm going to keep doing it. It's the secret to men with normal voices being able to sing rock music properly! Most rock singers are girlyboys with really high voices. 

The alternative is castration. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6766
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    poopot said:
    Three Little Maids from school are we... and now the honorary forth maid @mrkb on vocals...

Tush V2 

Wow, that sounds tight and superb widdling!! Sorry about the Hollywood vocals... but who needs Hollywood anyway!
    @mrkb I think you've progressed since we did Tush at Huddersfield (link below). It's really quite high for a bloke to sing it.

Thanks for highlighting that @vasselmeyer - there’s definitely an improvement. I think I need a few singing lessons to help me work out my range and when to drop down in pitch rather than strain up high.
    Try tuning down to Eb. That little semitone makes a huge amount of difference. Sometimes the difference between being able to sing it and simply not being able to reach some of the notes. 

Whenever I suggest this people look at me as if I've insulted their grandmother, but I'm going to keep doing it. It's the secret to men with normal voices being able to sing rock music properly! Most rock singers are girlyboys with really high voices. 

The alternative is castration. 

Why didn't you post this earlier! Ive just had the OP!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27419
    @tone71 @brocco @poopot - have you guys still got the USB sticks?  I could re-use them if you do  :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    @tone71 @brocco @poopot - have you guys still got the USB sticks?  I could re-use them if you do  :)
    I passed them on to the others...
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    I do Tony. Would you like me to post it you?
    I also still have it, can pop it in the post?