Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sasquatch Jam (Feb 16/17th 2019) Songlist Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Few random suggestions to go into the hat...

Soulshine - The Allman Brothers

Mr Big - Free

Riverboat Song - Ocean Colour Scene

Remedy - Black Crowes

Play That Funky Music - Wild Cherry
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Few random suggestions to go into the hat...

Mr Big - Free

Yes! Nice choice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Learn To Fly - Foos
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    + 1 Learn to Fly and Remedy (doubt I could play Remedy but I'll give it a good listen).

re Won't Back Down - this is a good singalaong with the gig in mind, could add a singalong bit and extra solo no bother. It's also very accessible for early stage players (including the solo of we ignore the slide) and would tolerate a bunch of strummers.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    pmbomb said:
    + 1 Learn to Fly and Remedy (doubt I could play Remedy but I'll give it a good listen).

re Won't Back Down - this is a good singalaong with the gig in mind, could add a singalong bit and extra solo no bother. It's also very accessible for early stage players (including the solo of we ignore the slide) and would tolerate a bunch of strummers.
    Rhythm for 'Remedy' isn't that hard, it's a swing that's all.
    I can show you that song and I reckon you could do it having heard you play Matt.
  • Alnico said:
    pmbomb said:

I can show you that song and I reckon you could do it having heard you play Matt.
    I can sing that one :)

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    pmbomb said:

I can sing that one :)
    It's a two guitar song.
    If no one else bags it and if it goes on the final list, I could and would love to play that with @pmbomb
    We can work out the guitar parts together so they fit the song.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited August 2018
    Cool, that'd be fun, it's my favourite 'Crowes song.

If it makes the cut I'll look into it ta.

(There's a Marty lesson on the 'tube, looks OK at first glance).
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3665
    I'll play slide on anything going. In fact, let's stick "Crossroads" in for the beginners and I'll sing it and stick slide on it.

Also we WILL do a Quo track this time. " Junior's Wailing" was dropped for time so let's bang it in again.

I'd like to do "Little Wing" or  "Voodoo Chile".
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Also we WILL do a Quo track this time. " Junior's Wailing" was dropped for time so let's bang it in again. 
    That'd be good.

Rhythm & vocals for me!

With that suggestion, I think we're now up to 47 (and three-quarters) songs, which should keep us going for a couple of hours ..

Whilst I love some of these off the beaten track suggestions, we need to keep in mind that we'll need to keep a good chunk of the day list in the setlist for the gig. We'll therefore need a good chunk of well known songs that'll be suitable 
    What leve of "competence" does the audience expect?  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5327
    TTony said:

Whilst I love some of these off the beaten track suggestions, we need to keep in mind that we'll need to keep a good chunk of the day list in the setlist for the gig. We'll therefore need a good chunk of well known songs that'll be suitable 
    What leve of "competence" does the audience expect?  

Minimal :)

They were incredibly forgiving last time, and @Legionreturns got the apologies in first anyway, just in case.  Given the feedback since, and the hearty handshakes all round on the night, I think we're safe.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Every song we played at the bowling club was good enough for an average pub band to be honest. And I mean that as a compliment given the practice time
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11674
    Perhaps, given comments above, we should focus on gig candidates, based on @Legionreturns and @Bridgehouse ;very sensible criteria (can play live competently with minimal practise to the standard of an average pub band) on the Saturday, and save a few of the more obscure jammy songs for Sunday?

I realise it's a bit more complex than how we normally do these things, but the way sunday worked last time it would be ideal for some of the educational collaborations above?

I'll put something together anyhow, can always delete that column if required later!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Perhaps, given comments above, we should focus on gig candidates, based on @Legionreturns and @Bridgehouse ;very sensible criteria (can play live competently with minimal practise to the standard of an average pub band) on the Saturday, and save a few of the more obscure jammy songs for Sunday?

I realise it's a bit more complex than how we normally do these things, but the way sunday worked last time it would be ideal for some of the educational collaborations above?

I'll put something together anyhow, can always delete that column if required later!
    :+1: 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I love the Black Crowes, so Remedy is good for me. Would guitar and sing on that!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    I love the Black Crowes, so Remedy is good for me. Would guitar and sing on that!
    Are you on a personal mission to sing all the songs I want to sing? Save some for the cripple ;) 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Will be adding Status Quo - Juniors Wailing to the Quad setlist - I forgot that we’d agreed to have a Quo song at that jam.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11674
    mrkb said:
    Are you on a personal mission to sing all the songs I want to sing? Save some for the cripple ;) 
    Crikey I hope you are better by February!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    mrkb said:
    Will be adding Status Quo - Juniors Wailing to the Quad setlist - I forgot that we’d agreed to have a Quo song at that jam.
    Yay!  You are clearly a wise man, blessed with great wisdom - even by wise man standards.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • mrkb said:
    Crikey I hope you are better by February!
    So do I, but it's not a given at all sadly. Could be 8-10 months before I get everything back  if it comes back at all 

This discussion has been closed.