Maiden UK Tour

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• David5150David5150 Frets: 118

And my verdict is the same - phenomenal show, best I've seen for a long long time. Went of Friday and was so pleased to hear them play where eagles dare - one of my fave tracks

Loved the stage show and holy cow the sound was the best I've heard at the o2.

Janick is Janick - he seems quite happy in his corner cavorting with his guitar. I know he's supposed to be entertaining but I just found him distracting. Why can't they hide him away behind the scrim netting for the 'war' part of the set and let Nikko be seen!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    David5150 said:

And my verdict is the same - phenomenal show, best I've seen for a long long time. Went of Friday and was so pleased to hear them play where eagles dare - one of my fave tracks

Loved the stage show and holy cow the sound was the best I've heard at the o2.

Janick is Janick - he seems quite happy in his corner cavorting with his guitar. I know he's supposed to be entertaining but I just found him distracting. Why can't they hide him away behind the scrim netting for the 'war' part of the set and let Nikko be seen!!

Wis for this! 

Re: the sound, you're not fucking wrong! I was astounded how good Killswitch sounded as well. Usually the modern day high gain noise that's favoured these days sounds absolute bobbins in large arenas, but from where I was sitting (section 407 at the back left corner, they sounded incredible. 

Maiden, similarly...there were occasions where the guitar mixes were slightly off balance to my ears, but the clarity was SO good (and I had ear plugs in, which deaden the sound just a bit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    They played Revelations. Mother of God, it was great
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5619
    They played Revelations. Mother of God, it was great
    Yep, that was the highlight of the evening for me.
    My highlight, surprisingly (because of the set) was probably Sign of the Cross. I know it's a Blaze track, but I didn't hear the studio version until long after I saw the Rock in Rio performance, and I've always wanted to see it live. Was absolute theatre from start to finish. I spontaneously high fived my friend when the fireworks went off.

They didn't put a foot wrong though...Even For The Greater Good of God was good, and I really don't get on with AMOLAD.

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited August 2018
    I was there Saturday.

Sorry, the support band were like getting kicked in the head. I don't get it. One of their tunes was mostly pick squeals. Each to their own I guess.

Maiden were great (I think the last time I saw them was Powerslave) but I don't really understand why they have 3 guitarists. Dave & Adrian is plenty.

Superb videography. I was on the floor (and am not tall) so the screens really helped. I felt closer than I was.

Some alarm when Bruce was playing with flamethrowers! I checked for the fire exit.

A world class band, recommended. Super musical, and theatrical, without taking themselves too seriously.

Wow Bruce is 60, and the youngest!

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    A vid I found of Friday. Doctor Doctor pleeeaaaasse!

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Who the flip videos an entire bloody show?! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Never seen them live. I should really, damn fine band.
    RobDavies said:
    Who the flip videos an entire bloody show?! 
    That bloke apparently. Seems very strange to me. Just buy the DVD?