The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    Anyone know the best place to pick up a kemper and foot controller...? Seriously looking to sell the AX8 for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Looks like I'm going to pull the trigger.... however, can you load in patches based on songs? For example, a patch of Wanted Dead or ALive with an acoustic sim and drone to start with...?
  • FarleyUK said:
    Looks like I'm going to pull the trigger.... however, can you load in patches based on songs? For example, a patch of Wanted Dead or ALive with an acoustic sim and drone to start with...?
    To my knowledge, no. But it's possible that there's some out there. 

I think you need to have a good look at some Kemper videos, it's not like a traditional modeller and doesn't have the same approach. That's why it's so much better ;-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    edited August 2018
    Just been watching the videos and reading up about the profiles and rigs etc. - literally got Andertons open with the Kemper in my basket.... but there's one thing I can's find out. Is there a way to create a synth-like drone sound on the Kemper using the FX?

EDIT - Just answered my own question, although that doesn't seem easy to setup!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9513
    FarleyUK said:
    Just been watching the videos and reading up about the profiles and rigs etc. - literally got Andertons open with the Kemper in my basket.... but there's one thing I can's find out. Is there a way to create a synth-like drone sound on the Kemper using the FX?

EDIT - Just answered my own question, although that doesn't seem easy to setup!
    Lots of options to do this mate - literally, lots...

I've got to say the learning curve of any digital modelling equipment is steep, using language that is strange etc. But the rewards are incredible.

The Kemper has become my number one amp option - at home, rehearsing and live.

There is also a cheap used one on the Forum here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @FarleyUK been playing about with it all night, now you've mentioned it...sounds superb!!! :-)

My next goal is to get it working with an expression pedal rather than a switch on the remote. Anyone?

BOOM! Ordered and arriving tomorrow.... just for when I get back from Sweden :)
  • FarleyUK said:
    Congrats, mate.There'ssomething about being on holiday or away from home that makes me GAS too! I hope you like it. Give it time and look around for some good profiles of your favourite amps.

FarleyUK said:
    Congrats, mate.There'ssomething about being on holiday or away from home that makes me GAS too! I hope you like it. Give it time and look around for some good profiles of your favourite amps.
    Cheers mate - was in America for 4 weeks on holiday then came back friday and flew to Sweden for work at 5am monday.... I have no idea what day or time it is.

Been looking at the MBritt and TopJimi profiles - the MBritt JMP and ADA profiles sound amazing!
  • FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Cheers mate - was in America for 4 weeks on holiday then came back friday and flew to Sweden for work at 5am monday.... I have no idea what day or time it is.

Been looking at the MBritt and TopJimi profiles - the MBritt JMP and ADA profiles sound amazing!
    MBritt has a good rep. I use his stuff for clean, mainly. If you ike high gain,  it's worth checking out Choptones and some others too. Tone Junkie are good.

FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:

MBritt has a good rep. I use his stuff for clean, mainly. If you ike high gain,  it's worth checking out Choptones and some others too. Tone Junkie are good.
    Cheers - I'm not a fan of Choptones. Used their stuff on helix and AX8, and felt you paid a lot of money for not much of a result (unlike Glenn DeLuane or many of the other Fractal profile sellers).
  • FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:

Cheers - I'm not a fan of Choptones. Used their stuff on helix and AX8, and felt you paid a lot of money for not much of a result (unlike Glenn DeLuane or many of the other Fractal profile sellers).
    Fair enough, but again, profiling is a LOT different to modelling. It's a completely different thing (skill?) profiling an amp to programming a processor. Just something to think about :-)

Cheers :)

Also heard the Aldrich / Mark Cameron modded Marshall profile; that thing sounds amazing!
    The best and most consistent profiles I have come across are the Tone Junkie ones...

The Carr Rambler one is disturbingly accurate compared to my real Rambler.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    edited August 2018
    Agreed, the Tone Junkies profiles are good as are M Britt’s. The Dr Z ones are good too, assuming you like the amps. Bagged this from Selah Sounds recently and it’s excellent...

https://youtu.be/JZUchAZQ8XQ
    Cheers all - I'm mainly a Marshall guy, so would be looking for the 'best' JCM800, AFD100, modded #34, Plexi, JMP, ADA and Silver Jubilee profiles.

Having said that, very keen on the Friedman models too.... and if there's a CAE / CAA amp profile, I'd be very keen to try that!
  • @Wazmeister are you using any external drives/FX or just the stuff in the Kemper? I'm slowly but surely finding ways in the Kemper to not bother with the drive boxes I have.

I'm a bit confused on some of the profiles you can get - what's the difference between studio, DI and merged? Can you use a third party (i.e. OwnHammer) IR with each?
    edited August 2018
    @Wazmeister are you using any external drives/FX or just the stuff in the Kemper? I'm slowly but surely finding ways in the Kemper to not bother with the drive boxes I have.
    Absolutely nothing but the Kemper mate... barely got any pedals left.

The only real 'keeper' is the Greer Lightspeed, which is superbly transparent into anything.
  • @Wazmeister are you using any external drives/FX or just the stuff in the Kemper? I'm slowly but surely finding ways in the Kemper to not bother with the drive boxes I have.
    Absolutely nothing but the Kemper mate... barely got any pedals left.
    Nice!!! I'm getting to that point myself. Only thing that eludes me is a Big Muff, but I get quite close with the Fuzz  stomp. The drives are getting an update soon too, so no doubt they'll be great!