Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sasquatch Jam (Feb 16/17th 2019) Songlist Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Snags said:
    @fandango to give @darthed1981 a chance to pull something together, how about picking one of Kings of Speed or Urban Guerilla?  The former is probably one of the easier to do without synth/horns, the latter has a more interesting vocal.
    just looking these up has been fun. the world needs more Hawkwind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Right we have a longlist with a LOT of songs, so it's now closed EXCEPT...

...you guys have not chipped in with suggestions yet (though I know one or two have expressed interest in other's suggestions)! 

Could you please whack any suggestions in ASAP..? 

If you are on the main room list we need something you would feel comfortable playing (with everyone's support of course) in the main room!

Thanks
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Ed - I didn’t suggest anything either - could you make sure there’s a couple of harmonica tracks and an R.E.M. mandolin track too pls :)
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Hi @darthed1981 I have explained to @bridgehouse due to the date change from the 9th to the 16th I can’t commmit now as I’m double booked in the 16th 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'm happy with taking the lead on 'Comfy' (again) and whatever else is on the list, I'll find something to Jam with.
    I'm working quite hard on getting CN much better than it was last time and I also wouldn't mind a crack at 'Time' if anyone else is brave enough?

@Route66 would like to try Rhythm guitar for 'Wishing Well' by Free and I'd like to play lead on that one.
    It'd be great if there's another Rhythm guitar on that track to help Audrey out.
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    I’m not fussed on what I play on , happy to go with the flow ! 
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    @Alnico happy to jump on Wishing Well with you
    Ed - I didn’t suggest anything either - could you make sure there’s a couple of harmonica tracks and an R.E.M. mandolin track too pls
    No worries @Bridgehouse I've gone obvious and put "Losing My Religion" REM as it's all Mandolin, I love it and I'm biased (would love to sing it) and the Dylan original of "All Along The Watchtower" and "Heart of Gold" Neil Young, which are both easy on guitar so great for any newbies as well as having lovely harmonica bits...?  What say ye?

@alnico Wishing Well is on @sticker ok no worries and thanks.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    That sounds ok to me @darthed1981 !

edited August 2018
    @Alnico happy to jump on Wishing Well with you
    I think Audrey would really appreciate that.
    She's learning the basic riff but her dexterity won't be like Vai before this happens so any back up she can have would be good. If you're there with her you can sonically step forward where she's struggling and step back a bit if she starts flying.

So far she's doing great with it and she starts practising at volume in a studio next weekend with me so she'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

She's starting to pick up Iron Maiden riffs, smoke on the water and a minor pentatonic scale just in the last week so you can't say she's not keen or naturally adept at this.

Thanks, man, I appreciate that and so will Audrey.

EDIT: There are so many bookmarks and notifications now, I'm losing track of what's what.
    Just realised this is for February at Sasquatch and Audrey will have already done Wishing Well at Quad (Hopefully) so it won't be her first Rodeo this time.
    Still, like to have you on that track though @vasselmeyer and if there's the opportunity for you to do that at Quad too, even better.
    Alnico said:
    She's starting to pick up Iron Maiden riffs, smoke on the water and a minor pentatonic scale just in the last week so you can't say she's not keen or naturally adept at this.
    Sounds like she will be shredding by February! :)
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    @Alnico I can do some straight rhythm under "Time" if you want to jam it - it's one I learnt years ago as an acoustic campfire job, so no problem providing a platform for you to extemporise over.
    Snags said:
    @Alnico I can do some straight rhythm under "Time" if you want to jam it - it's one I learnt years ago as an acoustic campfire job, so no problem providing a platform for you to extemporise over.
    That sounds rude!

But yeah, if it makes the list then sure, that'd be great.
    Alnico said:
    Sounds like she will be shredding by February! :)
    She's improving at quite a fast pace.
    When she was at Huddersfield she could *just* play a major scale up a single string.
    Now almost two weeks later she's learning (and playing at half speed) the intro to 'Fear of the Dark', 'Smoke on the Water' and she's learning not only the minor pentatonic scale but also all about what the intervals mean and how they work.

I've purposely kept her away from chords so far so she gets the basic theory first. We're starting on chords soon. She's almost there with knowing what notes are on the 6th and 5th strings so she can then work chords out from it.
    It was a radical step to go this way and I told her at the start it's the long way around with less self-gratification along the way but she's really taken to it and she loves the idea of knowing more than just where the chords are and how to switch between them.

Hopefully, I'm teaching her to really think about what she's learning and playing and not just follow some pattern arbitrarily.

Every scale or riff I've taught her so far, she's played and then played around more with so for example, I taught her the Minor Pentatonic starting from the high E and running down the scale to the low E string.
    After 5 minutes of playing it, she's already started to go back up the scale of her own accord. She does this with everything and if I leave her alone with the guitar for 10 minutes, she'll be sat there playing notes and trying to *find* songs with those notes. Yes, I taught her to do that but it's really appealed to her and she's taken it in.

Now there's a specific song to learn and not just an intro or a riff, it's another step up and one I think she'll take well.

There are 3 months until the Jam at Quad and I reckon that's enough time for her to really get this song.
    With Howard backing her up on Rhythm and me stood next to her playing lead, I think she'll shine like a star.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • right i'm not interested in doing any of the songs already done, why do them again we've done them already, partly why i did a fair bit on the 1st jam but hardly any on the 2nd cause the list was pretty much the same (to me) 
    if theres some black crows and allman bros, remedy, soulshine - count me in! love all that stuff.

my taste in music is to varied to just encapsulate it in 3 songs, i know thats kinda not what its about but i find it very hard just picking 3 songs. i also like the challenge of learning new stuff. so am not fussed and will appear on any song if its a got beat (wheres me cardigan) wheres the zeppelin, dc, hendrix etc
    3  songs mmmm its a toughy, as come feb i might want to do something else, i only like practising them just before to keep it fresh, not half a yr before! but i'd like to give these a go:

Summer breeze - seals and crofts (1 of the vox and lead guitar / poss ac guit) 
    i'm thinking S&C's structure but then tab the ernie isley solo on the end, if that dont work out just keep it as the original.

Any colour you like - pink floyd - (lead guitar) we will also need an organ for this, and rather than the original, this nice live version for a change, as no synth solo: 

Oh josephine - black crows (vox & RR guitar) 
    lots of instrumentation on this 1. will be a nice challenge i reckon.

so there you go, you asked.
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    Just wanted to say that I'll be happy to provide rhythm duties on most things or lead on anything that isn't too technically demanding (i.e nothing that's shreddy or changes key too often).
    so there you go, you asked.
    I did indeed, thanks :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Can we get a burning gong in the studio for the Floyd track?  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Can we get a burning gong in the studio for the Floyd track?  
    A gong or a bong?
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Hitting gongs is Rank stupidity.

No-one ever said the same about bongs ...
This discussion has been closed.