Quad Jam (Nov 18) Set list thread

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Alnico said:
    Is the song list final yet?
    I've seen posts saying to wait before maming final song choices (That *was* a typo but it was way funnier like that so I left it)...
    adampeter said:
    Can i put myself forward for guitat duties on ?
    wishing well
    Hey Joe
    Comfortably Numb

Or too early?
    Setlist is open for people who have paid to sign up to play on the proposed songs -

If we have songs with not enough people on them (ie only a bass player or guitar solo), they’ll get dropped before the event and replaced with other options.

If someone has paid and doesn’t want to play on any of the songs we can discuss replacing one of the currently selected less popular ones with their choice (with the caveat that their choice must be something other people will want to play/sing on).

If we have lots of people wanting to play the same song we’ll play it again during the day, with different lineups.

This is a collaborative event, not a dictatorship, so if you have any issues with the setlist let us know and we’ll try to accommodate them.

Most songs have someone signed up for already, so hopefully we’ve selected a wide enough range that people are happy.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Alnico said:
    Ok well given that I don't know when to start asking for songs to play, I'll join in.

Could I have the lead on 'Comfy' again (It's a work in progress) and could @Route66 have Rythm guitar on Wishing well with @vasselmeyer helping her out on rhythm and me on lead, please?

If more people want to do those songs It's cool if we end up with two versions of the same song, isn't it?
    Vasselmeyer isn’t at the Leicester Jam is he? Though I’m sure there will be experienced rhythm players who will help out (@impmann and @not_the_dj maybe?)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    munckee said:
    Can I play Mardy bum and Waterloo sunset please lead for one. 
    If I need to be more specific can I play lead on mardy bum and rhythm on waterloo sunset and will look at empty slots later when everyone has picked stuff.  I'm still keen to do something with daughter of munckee, hopefully with a band jam or if not acoustic slot if those are a thing, or did I dream it?
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    mrkb said:
    Alnico said:
    Ok well given that I don't know when to start asking for songs to play, I'll join in.

Could I have the lead on 'Comfy' again (It's a work in progress) and could @Route66 have Rythm guitar on Wishing well with @vasselmeyer helping her out on rhythm and me on lead, please?

If more people want to do those songs It's cool if we end up with two versions of the same song, isn't it?
    Vasselmeyer isn’t at the Leicester Jam is he? Though I’m sure there will be experienced rhythm players who will help out (@impmann and @not_the_dj maybe?)
    You hum it...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    Nope. I'm not at the Quad session. I'd love to, but can't make that one.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Nope. I'm not at the Quad session. I'd love to, but can't make that one.
    My mistake fella.

mrkb said:
    Alnico said:
    Is the song list final yet?
    I've seen posts saying to wait before maming final song choices (That *was* a typo but it was way funnier like that so I left it)...
    adampeter said:
    Can i put myself forward for guitat duties on ?
    wishing well
    Hey Joe
    Comfortably Numb

Or too early?
    Setlist is open for people who have paid to sign up to play on the proposed songs -

If we have songs with not enough people on them (ie only a bass player or guitar solo), they’ll get dropped before the event and replaced with other options.

If someone has paid and doesn’t want to play on any of the songs we can discuss replacing one of the currently selected less popular ones with their choice (with the caveat that their choice must be something other people will want to play/sing on).

If we have lots of people wanting to play the same song we’ll play it again during the day, with different lineups.

This is a collaborative event, not a dictatorship, so if you have any issues with the setlist let us know and we’ll try to accommodate them.

Most songs have someone signed up for already, so hopefully we’ve selected a wide enough range that people are happy.
    I can't pay for our places until tomorrow so I'd better shut up until then eh?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    edited August 2018
    Alnico said:

mrkb said:

There's no mad rush - this doesn't have to be sorted today - and it's not a first come basis either.  If lots of people want to play on a specific song, then it'll get repeated with different line-ups until everyone's had their go at it.

You know how it works
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    TTony said:
    Alnico said:

mrkb said:

There's no mad rush - this doesn't have to be sorted today - and it's not a first come basis either.  If lots of people want to play on a specific song, then it'll get repeated with different line-ups until everyone's had their go at it.

You know how it works
    Yes I do.
    I allowed enthusiasm to take over.
    My mistake!
    edited August 2018

Set list filling up nicely - add your names to anything you want to play on - we can do two or three runs through with different musicians if needed.

Any questions - let us know!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17wVgYt1RDjEr2LDEAWGY1-w4OSoMKrDqypiq8ULObBc/edit?usp=sharing

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    <Looks sheepish and slightly craven>
    Pretty please could we have a link (read-only is fine) to the set list sheet on a Google Drive or something, so it's easier to bookmark and refer back to?  And see, for my aging eyes and lazy fingers that can't be arsed to open the image full size.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Snags said:
    <Looks sheepish and slightly craven>
    Pretty please could we have a link (read-only is fine) to the set list sheet on a Google Drive or something, so it's easier to bookmark and refer back to?  And see, for my aging eyes and lazy fingers that can't be arsed to open the image full size.

Done - its on post 1 - and in my post above.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    <swoons>
    My hero!

Thank you.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Looking at the calendar now I’m going to have to miss this one. So please pass my place onto someone from the reserve list. 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    As posted in t’other thread, i’d like to take up Hey Joe. I gotta learn it anyway, and this would be too good an opportunity to miss.

... and i’ll take Rockin in the Free World.
  • @Bridgehouse and I are doing "I'm too sexy"
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11671
    @Bridgehouse and I are doing "I'm too sexy"
    In both cases, we all knew that :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Roland @idiotwind - you've paid up, so feel free to let me know what songs you want to play on and which parts (rhythm, solo, bass, acoustic,etc)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SheldersShelders Frets: 22
    I'll be honest, nothing on set list my cup of tea so if anyone on the reserves list wants to jump in my slot then raise a hand! If no one wants it I'll fill on something that needs a extra guitarist instead.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Shelders said:
    I'll be honest, nothing on set list my cup of tea so if anyone on the reserves list wants to jump in my slot then raise a hand! If no one wants it I'll fill on something that needs a extra guitarist instead.
    Is there something you’d like to see that isn’t on the list?
This discussion has been closed.